Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My QAD drop-away makes some noice when it slaps against the shelf on the shot and I don't wanna pay more money than I have to.. I was just wondering what everybody uses?
Also, what do you guys suggest I use to replace the rest "fabric" that's worn away down to the plastic?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
754 Posts
Raise the rest till it clears shelf adjust nocking point, then broad head tune. If not the fuzzy side of heavy duty velcro works and is available just about anywhere. If it's hitting shelf too hard do you think it might damage rest eventually?

·
Registered
754 Posts
If your rest is hitting the shelf I would raise it just enough to clear and raise mocking point. With qad mine are set up just a 1/16th or less high on one and level on another. I d lose my mind with the extra noise that no padding will completely negate not to mention the wear on the rest.Depending on bow might could raise nocking point a little with control cable twisting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Little piece of thin felt. Can be bought with adhesive on the one side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beaver felt, moleskin. Whatever it is I’d advise to make sure the bow shelf is extremely clean with some alcohol wipes or Clorox wipes if you got ‘em (pandemic luxuries.) Also you can try to put some thin pieces on the rest arms themselves as long as they don’t disrupt the arrow path

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
AAE Launch Pad

1 - 19 of 19 Posts