Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna try something new this year for fun.I fletched up some fatboys 500's with spinwings and they turned out awesome but with them being so light and the fact I am using screw in tips so I can shoot hunter,I decided I could shoot extrememly light points.The problem was the lightest I could find was 65 grains through lancaster and they were out of stock so I just ordered the 75 grains and I would turn them down.

I was able to get them down to 60 grains pretty easily and with the inserts weighing 40 grains,I still have 12% foc.The total arrow weight came in at 322 and I am getting just over 280 fps.

Anyone else ever had to "customize" their equipment for their uses.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
How long are the arrows?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
27 3/4" measured from the nock groove.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Mine are 28 in. and weigh 308 with 80 gr nibs, but those are sweet. How do you like those vanes?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are 28 in. and weigh 308 with 80 gr nibs, but those are sweet. How do you like those vanes?

I haven't been able to give them a real test,just a couple shots out of my hunting bow(which is set for acc's) and I got a bullethole at 6 feet,even with the nock low.

I think I am really gonna like them.I was amazed at just how easy they are to fletch.I might try some of the hunting models this year for hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts