Archery Talk Forum banner

custom bow strings

2925 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  tm hunter
Hey guys I need a little input on custom bow strings. I want to change the factory strings on my bow but their are so many different brands I'm not sure which one to go with. Could you guys give me some input about the different strings you like and why pros and cons ect.thanks:set1_thinking:
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Most custom string makers will make you a string better than factory. I have tried most customs and most where very good but I have been real fond of Viscosity Custom Bowstrings. His servings are the best in the biz. And his customer service is top notch also. Give him a try you wont be disappointed. He is also an AT member (bkvisco)
Thanks
Bob

· Registered
569 Posts
I just posted the same thing on here a month ago and went with schmidtys custom strings. They are some of the best ive seen excellent servings no twisting to make fit & NO peep rotation at all! I got them in less than a week first class builder! hes in the classifideds:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Proline makes some great strings have around 200 shots on the set I just got and they look like new I am currently trying out several diff. strings I will post the test results next week,but so far the prolines have done great and Joe is a great guy to deal with.

· Registered
1,040 Posts

· Registered
1,070 Posts
There are alot of good string makers out there and but I would say Stage 1 Strings. I have them on my bows with no peep rotation. Fanstastic quality and you can not beat his customer service.

· Registered
3 Posts
Only one string for my bow WC!

I just bought a new Drenalin LD and the day I got it I stored the factory Zebra strings for backup and installed a set of Winners Choice. The best serving and Zero pep rotation.

· Registered
2,850 Posts
I just posted the same thing on here a month ago and went with schmidtys custom strings. They are some of the best ive seen excellent servings no twisting to make fit & NO peep rotation at all! I got them in less than a week first class builder! hes in the classifideds:thumbs_up
Schmidtys is a great company!

as far as pros and cons from the different string makers on here, they will all be pros, not really any cons. No matter who you go with, you wont be disappointed. they are all much better than stock in general.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.