Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any custom bowtech insanitys out there?? Wanting to get mine dipped and stuff but not sure what I want, so I wanted to see what you guys have done

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Not an Insanity but very close....it's brother the Invasion. It too was done with the Kolorfusion process in Realtree AP Snow.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Love the snow!

Does having the dip or kolorfusion done eliminate the limb flaking?

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
member MAXIEK had one dipped in mountain mimicrcy (spelling) LOL have to search his posts to see the pics

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I would definitely have it Kolorfused. Whichever pattern you decide on have Tony219er do it for you, and slap a custom set of strings on it as well. Hes a great trustworthy guy, im sending my Insanity CPXL to him for a complete re finish and threads in about a month.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Not a ton done to it, but got the mods done in black, limbs dipped to match riser, and a new string/cbl set!

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Love the snow!

Does having the dip or kolorfusion done eliminate the limb flaking?
Prep work is crucial. I haven't handled any that were dipped personally but I would say yes it should be OK. The main reason I believe Bowtech had an issue with the flaking was the white impact resistant layer under the dip...it is a very slick surface and a good analogy is, it would be like painting glass.

The limbs I posted above were painted with a "special" paint blend and the white impact layer was scuffed up prior to painting and finishing. It is VERY durable! Unfortunately the HardCore limbs can not be powder coated and Kolorfusion is a powder coated base coat, I had Bryan at Kolorfusion try a set of my Invasion limbs and they delaminated during the bake process.:thumbs_do

9,037 Posts
Those are really nice! How much did each run you? Cheers!
Fred

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
Prep work is crucial. I haven't handled any that were dipped personally but I would say yes it should be OK. The main reason I believe Bowtech had an issue with the flaking was the white impact resistant layer under the dip...it is a very slick surface and a good analogy is, it would be like painting glass.

The limbs I posted above were painted with a "special" paint blend and the white impact layer was scuffed up prior to painting and finishing. It is VERY durable! Unfortunately the HardCore limbs can not be powder coated and Kolorfusion is a powder coated base coat, I had Bryan at Kolorfusion try a set of my Invasion limbs and they delaminated during the bake process.:thumbs_do

you would think that if guys like you know this stuff and can get the finish to stay on, then bowtech would try it. but hey, they just do what they do best and that is to ignore the problems they have. unfortunately the ignore it and it will go away theory don't work.

this is the main reason I don't waste my money on them.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts

So do you do the paint job yourself? I was interested in sending you my Insanity anyways for a tune job...might get to make it a complete makeover.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
you would think that if guys like you know this stuff and can get the finish to stay on, then bowtech would try it. but hey, they just do what they do best and that is to ignore the problems they have. unfortunately the ignore it and it will go away theory don't work.

this is the main reason I don't waste my money on them.
I don't believe they ignored it as the 2013 line up hasn't had any issues.

No I don't paint or do any decoration work myself, all that is done by the pros:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
9,842 Posts
I don't believe they ignored it as the 2013 line up hasn't had any issues.

No I don't paint or do any decoration work myself, all that is done by the pros:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
yeah but what about those other 3 years they did? 2010-2013
and yes I have already heard of some 2013 models limbs peeling.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts