Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well instead of buying a new bow this year I decided to do a custom job to a model that I love. I want to see where Mathews goes with the new No Cam ST technology next year. I built up my Z7X last night. Bill at Ultimate Finishers did the riser in Stormy HardwoodsTarget Green. Threads by Bear Foot. Sling by Hillside Custom Slings. New black limbs from Mathews. Ktech had the stab refinished for me to match. My torqueless grip was supposed to be here friday but USPS is slacking, hope its not lost. Anyways, still got some work to do but it looks like a bow again. The Green Waffle is going to rain hell in the woods. Thanks Ultimate for the awesome job.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good but you just painted it ?
Ultimate powder coated and kolorfused it. I bought the riser a while back off a guy on here that had a couple they used to display sights on in a store. I was just going to hold it as a spare but I couldnt stand to see it sitting there all pitiful. I figured my other Z7X needed a buddy so I ended up piecing it together part by part, roller gaurd, limb bolt assemblies, etc. Some stuff new, some used, and some i had as spares. So maybe the only custom part is the riser refinish but I enjoyed putting it all together myself. I havent seem many bows floating around in the Stormy Target Green, probably because most people hate it, lol. I personally like it, it looks really good in person. Its not as bright as the pics make it out to be. Its going to be a fun early season deer killer and spring turkey killer when the woods are nice and green! Anyways, I had to do something to scratch the "I need something new itch". I promised my wife I wouldn't buy a new bow this year (2015), I hope I can deliver on this promise :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Looks good. First Mathews I have seen in Stormy Hardwoods. Nice job

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's slick! Nice job man

·
The Fin,Mathews Pro Staff
1,826 Posts
Slick man

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just sold my extreme today and picked up a no cam. I have killed a whole heap of deer with my extreme but allways felt i chased a tune with it or it was unforgiving be my long draw length. they are super cool bows tho and you made this one sweet.

·
Waiting on Season
14,910 Posts
Looks great!! Thanks for choosing Stormy Hardwoods.

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
The coolest Z7X iv seen! gives me ideas for my Heli.

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
I don't even care for the color green that much, but must concede, that's an amazing job on that bow!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the grip on. I also added a string stop and did a little tuning last night, no pics from then. Got the ata and cam timing set. Reset the yoke twists with 4 on the left and 7 on the right, the idler prelean is perfect. Added 2 twists to the cable and removed 2 from the string. Brace is off by 1/16" so I can live with that. Checked her on the drawborad, drawing 29.5" on the nose which is right where I expected her to be. Idler lean at full draw looks very minimal, she will probably need some fine tuning once I really dig into it. Probably going to be after the holidays before I can accessorize and start shooting but Ill have her ready for the timber roosters come spring.

Thanks for the comments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
You couldnt have picked a better grip color, It goes extremely well with the color scheme..... looks awesome man. How does the grip feel?? Can you post a picture of the grip on the bow from the back of the grip so I can see how thin it is........

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will get a pic of the back of the grip as soon as i can, probably tomorrow. Its a torqueless - medium wrist. They feel great. im shooting one on an sbxt. medium wrist is supposed to be similar to mathews stock grips but the torqueless is definitely thinner with a nice flat backside. They shoot great for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts