Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any of you custom knife builders have any interest in making one of these for me? A custom wood handle would even look beautiful and it may keep the cost down.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Try Heinrich Brunner in Pincher Creek, Alberta, (403) 627-2029. I don't know him personally, but lived there and saw his work, and it was very high quality, and his prices were very reasonable for custom work.....Good luck.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, CBE Sight, Hamskea Rest, B Stinger Stabilizer, Gold Tip Arrows, Carter Release
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not many responses, I thought there were some knife makers here?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I know sticshooter does antler knives and Rembrandt has done some beautiful knives, you may want to contact these 2 gentlemen.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess this post would probably do better on a knife forum, huh?

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Do a search on "custom knives" and a million will show up. ;)
The knife in your pic reminds me of a Randall.
www.randallknives.com

Sag.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Come on guys, I know there are so talented individuals here, make me a knife. :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you go on the knifemaker's sites you will see a guy by the name of Hank Knickmeyer. He lives here in Cedar Hill, Mo near me. He travels a lot overseas setting up knife shows and does very fine and sometimes (very expensive) work. I don't know exactly what his range of prices are, but he seems to be one of the top three on most of the knifemaker websites. His contact information can be found here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431165

I know hank and his work is fantastic. He can create pictures into his damascus steel. The Europeans buy give him plane tickets each year so he will come over and bring his stuff.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You might try Gene Ingram out of Mississippi. I bought one of his knives and love it. With all the choices you have been given you should be able to get what you want, unless you are trying to get someone to build one for far less than their time and material is worth.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can someone please build me this knife, even with a wood handle?

·
Registered
8,392 Posts
Can someone please build me this knife, even with a wood handle?
Come on man, you've been trying to get it built for a year now.:confused:

Have you taken any advice from these guys, or are you just jerking their chains?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts