Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Had a question hoping someone could help me out.

I'm looking for a custom paint job on an Olympic Recurve bow (both riser and limbs) does anyone know of a place in California that can do that? or anywhere within the US I could maybe ship it to?

Even maybe a place that can vinyl wrap it, or dip it? I always wondered what a Red Hexis Chrome bow would look like. Now I'm not a hunter, nor do I ever plan on hunting anything so I'm not worried about looking stealthy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did mine myself. I hunt and shoot 3d. so I did a red camo to match my flannels while oit in the field. not hard to do at all picked everything up at local hardware store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lot of videos to do it urself also can buy a hydro dip to do at home nd pick design.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lot of videos to do it urself also can buy a hydro dip to do at home nd pick design.

Oh no for sure, but I'm looking for something more professionally done. Just personal preference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess no one had an answer. I'll just update this thread if I ever find info on it in case anyone wants to know.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks, Hydro-Dip looks cool!
hydrocreations.com

This video I found on dipping basics seems helpful.
youtube.com/watch?v=11jB45cZCkw

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really great job, Slyder05! This reminds me I did a camo job on a machete sheath like this back in the day with a bunch of ferns, pine needles and leaves and whatnot using multiple colors of spray paint, it turned out pretty good, I was afraid to do something like this on the bow limbs but your post is encouraging, looks really pro!

·
Registered
35 Posts
not sure about hydro but my friend wanted to re do his daughters bow and we broke it down and sand blasted the entire riser, and he sent it out to be power coated and it came back amazing, and there are tons and tons of color options and finishes, just do some research. also powder coat is going to be the most durable coating you can get your hands on

·
Registered
57 Posts
@slyder05 that paint job is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of painting one of my bows but couldn't figure out a good pattern. You have great ideas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts