Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've always been one to replace my factory strings immediately upon purchase of a new bow in order to have a high quality set of bow strings on my bow, as well as have a backup set of strings in my case at all times. Traditionally I've put VaporTrails on my bows, and was pretty happy with them, but this last time my speed buttons are loose and are sliding up and down on my strings. The strings themselves are still in good shape so I hate to replace them, but if I have to I'm not sure if VaporTrail is the way to go anymore. What do folks prefer as far as premium aftermarket strings are concerned?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dozens of threads on this that a google search will reveal. Catfish customs, buckslayer, and twisted X are all popular

·
Registered
29 Posts
So many custom string makers that do excellent work these days, cant recommend one though as I make my own

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Buckslayer and catfish are my goto builders.

·
Registered
437 Posts
sounds like you could just take it in to most any bow shop an
have them use there speed nock pliers an crimp them snug.
it's worth a shot. or buy a pair of nock pliers an do it yourself.
you should be able snug it up, without screwing up shrink tube to bad.
maybe a piece of black elec. tape on speed nock before you re-crimp.
not sure - just thinking out loud !!
if it was mine, an that's all that was wrong. i'd try an re-crimp.

·
Time for Spots to die
2,087 Posts
Did you contact Vapor Trail? I am sure they will help fix the issue. Give them a call.

Arrow

·
Registered
24,131 Posts
I've dealt with Mike at Catfish Customs for several years. In the rare event you have an issue, he is very proactive and easy to work with. Excellent craftsmanship, fair pricing and fast service.....what I am expecting when I order strings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds like you could just take it in to most any bow shop an
have them use there speed nock pliers an crimp them snug.
it's worth a shot. or buy a pair of nock pliers an do it yourself.
you should be able snug it up, without screwing up shrink tube to bad.
maybe a piece of black elec. tape on speed nock before you re-crimp.
not sure - just thinking out loud !!
if it was mine, an that's all that was wrong. i'd try an re-crimp.
It's certainly a good suggestion! I'll see if I can find something like that. My concerns there have been not wrecking the shrink tube, and getting them back to exactly where the manufacturer specifies they be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you contact Vapor Trail? I am sure they will help fix the issue. Give them a call.

Arrow
Well, the issue there is that I only noticed they were moving here recently, and I bought the strings over a year ago. They might well give me advice about how to repair them myself though.

·
Rattle Yer Head!
1,257 Posts
Well, the issue there is that I only noticed they were moving here recently, and I bought the strings over a year ago. They might well give me advice about how to repair them myself though.

So what? If you say the strings are fine but you're having an issue with loose buttons, and they tell you an easy fix for them, what's the big deal? You just saved yourself an unnecessary expense. Unless you're just *****ing, and are looking for a reason to bash vapor trail.

And for the record, I have no problem with anybody using whatever they want, vapor trail or otherwise, I absolutely do not care. But at least give your string maker a chance, whomever they may be, to help you and make things right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So what? If you say the strings are fine but you're having an issue with loose buttons, and they tell you an easy fix for them, what's the big deal? You just saved yourself an unnecessary expense. Unless you're just *****ing, and are looking for a reason to bash vapor trail.
Settle down bud, I was just thinking out loud. My point was simply that they arent likely to do anything about it, but they may give me suggestions about what to do. That is a positive. I'm most definitely not bashing VaporTrail as I've loved their strings and rests for years, but if little quality things like this are becoming a trend I'll look elsewhere for strings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts