Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help in choosing the right material for my custom strings and cables. Which should I choose between 8125 and 452X? Why? Which is most durable and lasting? And last question: Which type is used in the strings that come stock on bows? Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
910 Posts
8125 will last a lil longer and be a lil faster, but will most likely stretch a lil bit and your bow might need to be retuned. 452X wont move as much and if your shooting a 1 cam its the only choice. Most people are going with 452X these days.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Nothing wrong with either! 8125 is awesome material...they both have their pros and cons!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Either is only as good as the person making the string. Most are using 452x, but I've seen garbage after market strings made with this. Other the other hand WC uses 8125 and sets the standard for strings. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
235 Posts
use bucknasty 452x, awesome strings and cable. like these alot better than the 8125 set i had.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
TOOL said:
Either is only as good as the person making the string. Most are using 452x, but I've seen garbage after market strings made with this. Other the other hand WC uses 8125 and sets the standard for strings. :darkbeer:
I thought Winners Choice uses either 8125 or 452x.:confused:

I like 452x. It's a nice blend of speed and stability.

Here is a great link about BCY fibers, from the BCY web site. http://www.bcyfibers.com/tech_forum.php/

Good Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Moose mustard said:
8125 will last a lil longer and be a lil faster, but will most likely stretch a lil bit and your bow might need to be retuned. 452X wont move as much and if your shooting a 1 cam its the only choice. Most people are going with 452X these days.

Ditto what MM said, Give Nathan Brooks at B2 Bowstings a call he makes a heck of a string at a very fair price.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,450 Posts
Bearbuck said:
Looking for some help in choosing the right material for my custom strings and cables. Which should I choose between 8125 and 452X? Why? Which is most durable and lasting? And last question: Which type is used in the strings that come stock on bows? Thanks for the help.
Both are fine materials, although the best ever produced is 452x. It's fast, stable and durable.

·
Registered
630 Posts
R&A for sure

R&A makes a great custom string! and as soon as they have your confirmation they make the string and send it out the same night! talk about great service!! great price too! check them out in the classifieds!
hope this helps,
Miranda

1 - 13 of 13 Posts