Archery Talk Forum banner

Custom Strings??

851 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  RobVos
These is kind of a two phased question. One who do you prefer to make custom strings? Best quality and service? What material do you prefer? 8125? 452X? or ??? Thanks ahead of time!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· edthearcher
6,589 Posts
strings

there are many good string makers here. altho I now make my own I do prefer 452X, prior to making my own I used newberry I dont know if he still makes strings winners choice are good but you will pay top dollar for them.

· Registered
8,748 Posts
I use nothing but ProStrings on all my bows, my family's bows, my friends bows and they are the only strings and cables I sell in my little shop. :) You can't beat their quality and price in my opinion!:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

My personal preference for string material is 8125. I just seem to like it better than 452X for some reason.

Until the end of the month ProStrings is having a 40% off sale, so if you need a new set you better be making the call so that you can save yourself some serious cash! :)

320-679-2843

[email protected]

http://www.prostring.com

Dick

Attachments

· Registered
17,867 Posts
I make my own and use 452x.
Learn to make your own. Quality as is good as you want. Service is excellent. Price is so affordable that you can have a second set shot in and ready to go waiting in your bow case.

· Registered
2,238 Posts
8125 seems a little "softer shooting". 452X doesn't budge after it's installed but feels a little harsher in my hands. I don't think there's enough difference to get excited about. I'm using both and they're both excellent materials. Vapor Trail strings are first rate. They're using something called VTX that's seems to be the equal of either 8125 or 452X. I've been shooting a VTX set on my hunting bow for about 6 months and it's every bit as good as the 8125 and 452X I've got on some of our other bows. TS 1 and UltraCam could also be thrown into the mix as first rate string materials. If you buy a well made string set from a reputable maker it's likey you'll be very pleased regardless of what string material is used.

· A legend in my own mind
1,746 Posts
i am the owner of firstring custom bowstrings. right now i have a deal on AT for half off a set of strings! i have tons of references. if you check the thread you can read a few. it is "firstring custom bowstrings".

i suggest 8125 for the material. 452x doesn't stretch but is brittle compared to 8125. i build my strings in a manner that eliminates stretching so it makes it a pretty simple choice.

good luck!

mike

· Registered
3,974 Posts
if you shoot in the summertime in high humidity areas 452x seems to stand up a bit longer. there are literally tons of string makers with everyone on here with any kind of loyalty saying there strings are the best. i've shot winner's choice, stone mountains, and as of right now shooting twistd strings by AT member twistd1. IMO what makes a custom string is how much tension the string maker put on the string/cable when they are making the string. whoever you choose you will end up with a quality string as long as you take care of them.

8125 is a good choice also, so is Ts-1.

my personal preferences though i stay away from ultracam, never had any luck with it but then again that is just me.

Lee

· NC ASA Director
36,230 Posts
Go with Vapor Trail. You will have them in 2 to 3 days. They are top notch and will gain you some fps on your rig.

They have exclusive rights to their own blend of VTX material. :thumbs_up

www.vaportrailarchery.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.