Archery Talk Forum banner

custom strings ???

517 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  GinoD
If i order a set of custom stings and cable how long would you need to shoot it before it is broke in. I would like to get a set of Bucknasty strings but our season has already started in KY. So once i got them on the bow how long before i could put my peep on and get the bow all dialed back in. Thank you guys and gals
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,635 Posts
In a few hours..... Mine never moved after 25 shots..... I have seen them Settle up to 100 shots though. no problem to do in a afternoon though. but remember the tuning process can be what takes up the time.

Give yourself a full day or 2 if you are using a proshop.

I can do my own in less than a hour but i know My bow very well Now. Sweet spots and all.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
With a good custom string, you really don't have any settle time. With that said, give it 100 shots an you are good to go. Last week I cut one of my strings by accident. I got a hold of Anthony at Schmidty's Specialy Strings, he made me one up and an hour before I went out hunting I put the string on, papertuned it, sighted in to 30 yards and went hunting. The string has not moved sense.

· Registered
683 Posts
With a good custom string, you really don't have any settle time. With that said, give it 100 shots an you are good to go. Last week I cut one of my strings by accident. I got a hold of Anthony at Schmidty's Specialy Strings, he made me one up and an hour before I went out hunting I put the string on, papertuned it, sighted in to 30 yards and went hunting. The string has not moved sense.
That has been my experience with the strings I get. Ron's strings have never moved on me. I don't bother with settle time, just set them up and go. Just depends on where your strings come from.

· Registered
143 Posts
I installed vapor trail strings and cable on my ovation. I took about ten shots and installed my peep. That was a month ago. Has not moved yet. And i shoot two to three hours a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.