Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I'm finally getting around to doing the Tribute project I've always wanted to do. I have an 06 Bowtech Tribute. This has probably been my favorite bow since I got myself into all this craziness. So here's the plan... Custom 65lb limbs from Dave at Barnsdale Limbs, kolorfusion and custom threads by catfish. I think I've settled on Realtree AP black for the riser, limb pockets and cable guard. The limbs will be black with the barnsdale logo. Still going back and forth on string colors. Can anybody help me out with a killer looking string combination that looks good with AP Black?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My favorite bow as well. Maybe a tan and black with a green pin stripe? Unfortunately I don't have any pics of cool string colors. Curious what grip you like to shoot on your 06 Tribute.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Also if it were me I would do the limbs in the AP black as well. It would look awesome. More surface area on the limbs to get a good look at one of the coolest camo patterns out there. Just my opinion of course. Should look great either way.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now I have the 07 sideplates. Looking into a custom grip from either North Slope or Torqueless. Its a same Bob Lambeth isn't around any longer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think a green and brown, to match those colors in the camo, with a fluorescent purple pin would look great! Just did similar colors on my bow. Don't have pics yet with the string on the bow, but it is sharp!

String.jpg Bow.jpg

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also if it were me I would do the limbs in the AP black as well. It would look awesome. More surface area on the limbs to get a good look at one of the coolest camo patterns out there. Just my opinion of course. Should look great either way.

I thought about it but I'm paying the cash to get custom Barnsdale Limbs. Might as well show em off. His matte black limbs will look good with the AP black. I like how his limbs pop.

a2532c4ccc3ffcd56908ee33304b5531.jpg
Ally 2.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
What if you got his limbs without the logos and had some custom barnsdale logos made by onestringer without all of the color?

String Color-Look up some black, grey or silver, and white combinations....those 3 colors mixed would be sharp on a realtree ap black bow.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won’t be coating the limbs. I like the look of Dave’s Limbs. Too me slapping on a Barnsdale logo from one stringer seems kinda cheap. Plus i don’t know if they even have permission from Dave to do so. When i asked them about recreating the tribute graphic they said they couldn’t bc bowtech wont allow it.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some before photos. Have a string stop on order. Will probably run either a 10” or 12” dead center stabilizer. Still have to figure out string colors. Should have everything back in 6 weeks. Considering cerakoting the cams black.

Attachments

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump for string options. Was on BCY custom build site and am thinking maybe black/silver with flor. yellow pinstripe

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the Tribute. It just hits everything for me. Dave with Barnsdale will have my limbs shipped next Tuesday then its off to catfish for the kolorfusion and strings. I'm so stoked to have a tribute with 65lb limbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts