Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deciding about whether or not to buy an '04 Hoyt Supertec. it is 70-80#, 27.5" draw. I need 60-70# and 29" draw. Does anyone know what I'm looking at here moneywise and bother wise. I can get a good deal on it, but I never had a Hoyt before and assume I have to buy replacement cams and re-rig it at the very least. Also, due to recovery from a nasty wrist injury is there any way to get more than 65% let-off if I have to buy new cams anyway? Is somebody out there familiar with this bow or hoyt generally that can clue me in? FYI, I think this bowline is now called turbotec. Any teckies out there? Thanks, guys

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
The Hoyt Super Tec/Turbo Tec is an awsome bow. I own 2 of them with 60# max limbs and spiral cams. However, I would not recommend it to anyone who is not a very experienced archer, and I certainly wouldn't suggest the 80# limbs for hunting. Being considered a "speed" bow due to it's 2" reflex geometry, 5 1/2"-6" brace height and 35 1/2" ATA length, and spiral cams, it can be a little tough for the novice or average archer.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Save your money and find one with the specs you need. You'll have to change the cams & string & cables which will cost you $150+, plus a 70-80 lb Supertec is a real hernia maker!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
There is no way...

to get more let-off from the Spirals...I just sold an Ultratec due to the 65% and their very shallow valley and draw force curve! Also changing the cams to the standard cam.5 is a no,no the deflexion of the limbs are different. My shoulders could not take it anymore! Plus I have had surgeries on both shoulders in the past.

Both Bowkill and Mike are right that thing will kill a novice...and yes it will be a hernia maker.

I had to drop down to a 50-60 lb. bow and went with a Bowtech Old Glory at 60lbs. with a 350gr. arrow I am still achieving 274fps w/80% let-off....I have never been happier...It's like a holiday everytime I shoot the thing...I am enjoying shooting again.

The Hoyt's are super fine and my last 4-were Hoyt's...My advice is get yourself an Ultratec with the standard Cam.5 or if you like shorter bows try the xtec or vtec...you should be able to find a good used one on here...go to classifieds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts