Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl wants a bow for her 5th birthday. I have decided to get her the little diamond atomic. I am getting the black one with the pink on the limbs. I am wanting to take it apart and have the riser, cams, and limb pockets done in pink. My dad and little brother are in the auto body business, so I can either have them either powder coated or painted(professionally). My question is which one is better for bows? Is it o.k. to powder coat the cams? I know lots of people on here have had it done. Just wanting several opinions and advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Yes, you can PC the cams, but don't do the rotating mods (clearance/fit issues). And be sure to not get much inside the limb pockets (clearance/fit again).

·
Registered
464 Posts
most cams and accessories are anodized. looks best in color, I think. best to gather all accessories and do them together. however I from experience, depending on alloys used, will have slight difference in color.... 6061 vs 7075 etc.,

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you can PC the cams, but don't do the rotating mods (clearance/fit issues). And be sure to not get much inside the limb pockets (clearance/fit again).
Thank you. Which do you think would work best?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
PC is more durable than most automotive finishes. But if your family are in the business they should be able to put on a solid, durable urethane clearcoat that will be plenty durable. The biggest issue would be paing wearing out of the cams' grooves if you use most paints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts