Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a brand new Diamond bow online, arrived with the string like this. Looks to be a cut strand approximately where the peep should be. This is my 2nd bow, and my first bow (also a Diamond) was not like this. Is this supposed to be like this? Or is this a flaw that needs to be fixed/replaced? Would like to be armed with knowledge before I talk to the seller.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
That's not a cut strand. It's a piece of string material or serving in the middle of the string so you can install the peep without trying to separate the string evenly. Completely normal.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Its a piece of sting material that separates the string in half for your peep. Just helps installing the peep.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It might not be a cut string strand....it might be a piece of string marking the approx peep location, splitting the string into two equal bundles of string strands.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
And even if it was a cut strand, you could still shoot it and get your dealer to get a replacement string. Like others have said, that is a piece of material to divide the stands evenly for installing a peep.

9,038 Posts
What they said.......^^^^
x5 on what they said....I am way late on this but still want to make sure I get my vote in...this is still a democracy right???...or is my vote going to be cancelled out by a machine!!!????? :icon_1_lol: Enjoy the bow and welcome! Cheers!
Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts