Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Fellers , I have a 2" DIA lense that I want to cut down to 1.75", my question is : How should I go about it ? Or don't even try .
Thanks,

Chris

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
lense

I'd try a beltsander and goggles. Fine paper and set the lense on a piece of rubber to absorb vibration.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cutting down a scope lens

I'd try a beltsander and goggles. Fine paper and set the lense on a piece of rubber to absorb vibration.
Thanks for the in-put Fellas .
Chris

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Few more ideas or advice needed

Thanks for the help ,

Chris

·
Registered
855 Posts
Anyone have any other ideas? Someone I could a scope to cut smaller?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Maybe try taking it to a eye Dr and see if they can or would grind it for you

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
I've done glass and poly with the belt sander. Tape both of the lens, draw the circle on the tape, sand to the mark.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've done glass and poly with the belt sander. Tape both of the lens, draw the circle on the tape, sand to the mark.
You make it sound s simple! I emailed feather vision. Maybe I could send them out and have them done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any optical lab can cut that down without issue. I recommend taking it in to someone who can has a lensometer so they can make sure that the optical center of the lens is also the geometric center. Otherwise if the o.c. is not in the g.c. it creates prism. The lenses made for the archery industry are horrible quality. Full of prism and coated with bad anti reflective coatings... even the most expensive ones. Find an optometrist that has an on site lab. Cutting that down will only take a few minutes.

·
Registered
50,408 Posts
My advice--sell it and use the money to buy the proper lense size. If you do it and something goes wrong your out the cost of the lense + the added expense of buying a new one of the proper size.

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
My advice--sell it and use the money to buy the proper lense size. If you do it and something goes wrong your out the cost of the lense + the added expense of buying a new one of the proper size.
this

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I have to agree. I wouldnt attempt cutting a lens down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts