Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys stop this.

I can't stop my cable from hitting my string supressor. I doubt that they even do anything, but why put them on if they cause more problems than they cure? I cant believe I paid what I did for this thing and now this junk.

:mad:

Attachments

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
Right Suppressor?

Ahab-

I can't tell for sure from the picture, but it almost looks to me as if you have a top limb suppressor on the bottom limb. one is longer than the other.

Again, the picture may be deceiving, but might be worth a look.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
You idiot, do your homework before you open your mouth, what these guys say is true. Get it right and then tell us what you think.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Sure looks to be right. At least from what I gathered on Mathews cheese website:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
once again you show your bias dylan, You have just been told by several Mathews owners that it isnt right yet you insist on makin strife.get a grip.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Well then, why on their website is the proper installation not posted?

Seems like they have a full page for clothing and all of the other doodads.

I think it is you that needs a grip. I never called anyone an idiot.
He made a simple mistake as Im sure you and I do at times.

Dylan

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
A simple mistake would not be handled in the above manner, A well asked question will always recieve a well thought out answer on this forum. To come on and label a product junk because either the archer or the shop is not aware of an obvious problem is not a well asked question. I answered it with exactly what it deserved regardless of brand or loyalty.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
You idiot, do your homework before you open your mouth, what these guys say is true. Get it right and then tell us what you think.
doesn't sound like an intelligent and thought out answer to me...

once again you show your bias dylan, You have just been told by several Mathews owners that it isnt right yet you insist on makin strife.get a grip.

seems like someone ELSE needs to get a grip! I wondered who actually bought out all the haterade at the quickstop?

To tell ya the truth...I would be pissed to if I bout a bow setup up improperly. Maybe it came that way or maybe he did it. Could it be possible the instructions weren't clear enough? Just help the dude out and take the attitude to the soapbox forum....prick!

·
74,535 Posts
AHAB

I just love junk them because I like the mine. Legacy or Icon.

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
Every time I try to follow a thread, it becomes a debate about individual’s personalities with insults and back and forth *****ing. Enough guys! If you can’t help the individual, stay out of it.

Monty53

·
74,535 Posts
Monty53

Was he asking for advice or bashing Mathews roller system. One might reconsider how archers are going to take your opening statement. I do agree with you, we are here to help.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
It was about the string suppressor. My question is. Why doesn't mathews handle this on their website. Isn't that simple enough?
:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Actually all the Mathews I have seen are like that at full draw, the rubber slams into the string after the shot. From the picture it looks it will do just that. I shot a fellows bow who had taken them off,I thought it shot just fine without them, didn't really notice any more vibration than before.

R

·
0 Posts
I need a longer & wider rubber on my bottom end too, It just came that way;)

The Hood-Stir

·
Registered
57 Posts
had the same problem with my LX.
But mine was the top suppressor.
The proshop took it out and am now waiting for a replacement.
Never had problems with the Icon.
But then now and again something pops up..just have to deal with it.
Still love my LX...with a single suppressor:)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
take your bow back to your dealer show it to them & it will be fixed under warranty. The Icon is a great bow & I have yet to see the problem you are having with any of the mathews that use the string supressor. Mathews will fix this and make it right.

Guys lets help this guy out with some advise instead of trying to start a bash fest on who makes the best bow or what have you. Some us on these forums actually like our Mathews and have no problems with them. I don't go around bashing Martin, Hoyt, or PSE just because I shoot a Mathews. Why jump on here to put something down that you don't use? I just don't get it? whats the point?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts