Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, which are better carbon express maxima , or the gold tip pro
hunter ? does anyone have a reason not to buy one or the other ?im looking
at same weight ( gpi ) , same spine, and same length. just different brands.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I like the cx line myself. I have shot maximas, maxima hunters, terminator hunters, and will be shooting cx 3d selects next year. The 3d selects have the same specs as the gold tips just different weight in the 300 vs 5575 400 vs 7590 are the same

·
Registered
140 Posts
Both are great

I have shot the Golt Tip XT's (55/75) and the Maxima 350's. I could not tell a differrence in accuracy between the two arrows. I also used both for extensive small game hunting and stump shooting in Southeast Colorado. I have only broken two arrows (Both Maximas). The first broke while we were cunducting a penetration test through an elk shoulder bone. I belive the arrow broke on the fourth or fifth hit directly through the bone (same arrow). We were testing deffenent broadheads at the time. The other Maxima broke when a very rude bull elk attempted to run haphazardly through the timber with the arrow sticking out of his side. I don't understand how he thought that he could run through the brush and trees and not break my arrow. Last year I hunted with CX terminators and that arrow broke after sticking into a cow elk. I have yet to break a GT or CX arrow when shooting them normally. I have a set of six goldtips that I have been shooting for 8 months. I shoot 4-5 times a week. 20-30 shots per session and they perform flawlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts