Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off what is the difference between maxima 150 250 and 350. I know it has to do with the diamator of the shaft. Im pretty sure most people use the 250. But are the 150s bad for deer hunting. also is the 350's too big for deer hunting.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
It actually doesn't have anything to do with the diameter of the arrow.....yes there is a VERY slight difference in diameter. But they are all virtually the same diameter.

The 150, 250, 350 are different spines.

150 - .495
250 - .404
350 - .345

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put very simply all arrows are measured in the spine of the arrow, basically the stiffness. This is so that the arrow flexes correctly around the bow when shot. With the Maxima arrows the 150's are the weakest spine and the 350's are the stiffest spine, but those numbers won't translate exactly to all arrows.

The best suggestion is to go to your local pro shop and they can help you choose the arrow best matched to your equipment based primarily off of your draw weight and draw length. Don't buy what someone else is using, that really has no relevence to what works best for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just bought 6 maxima hunter 350, and they are awsome. Coming from Full Metal Jackets, I didn't think there was a badder arrow out, but CX Maxima's are where it's at. I'm happy. Their web site will guide you to the size you need as for it did for me. Just measure an old arrow, poundage you pull, then wah-lah!

·
Back Yard Champion
28,931 Posts
As already said, it isn't the diameter, but the given spine of the arrow.

Give draw length and draw weight for better replies.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts