Votes: 42 75.0%
  • Carbon Force Radial X Weave

Votes: 14 25.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They both have Crossweave Technology, right? Which one do you prefer? Which one is stronger and more dependable? Or is it pretty much a coin toss?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Carbon Express

I use the Carbon Express Maximas (250) and have no complaints with them. Never shot a Carbon Force, so can't do a comparison, but like the CX's well enough to not feel the need to experiment. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried the radial X-weave

I purchased a dozen radial x-weaves, I wasn't very impressed with there durablity. They seemed to crack/break very easily. I started using carbon express after a few recomendations and am really impressed with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi michael.norman2. Which CF Radial X Weave arrows did you get? They have the cheaper STL Hunters, the Predators, and the Pro arrows. With all the cracking and breaking, it would seem to me like you may have possibly got the STL Hunters. I was just curious to see if whether or not it was the cheaper CF or the Pro. I am leaning more towards getting CX myself , but I still want to go through all options.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
No question in my mind the CX Maximas.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Had to vote for the maximas and the hunters, because that is what I shoot. I've never played with the X weaves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I belive they were the STL HUNTER

If I remember corectly they were the HUNTERS, they lasted about 2 months. I know you get what you payfor but I seriously thought that they would last longer than that. Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing them, I just feel like the carbon express arrows are more durable.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
i stuck one in a tree last week end TWO of us pulling twisting the maxima could'nt get it out ! finally i just snapped it. but i pulled so hard all the blood rushed to my head i almost passed out ! I really wanted my arrow back:cry:
no other arrow i ever shot would withstand what we put it through.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine were the stl hunters too. How much are maximas? Around 70-90 dollars a dozen? STL hunters are 50-60. This is a bad comparison. You should be looking at hte black mambas. Ive never shot them, but the stl hunters are hte cheapies. Like i said, they are veyr accurate, but they brake if oyu look at them funny.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
i got the x-weave pros,shot low on my deer target and went under the belly and the fletch barely touched it and it snapped like a twig.i got about 8 good ones left out of the doz.i bought .me ,i wish i would have went with the maximas.live and learn i guess.

·
Registered
915 Posts
*oops i forgot...the only difference between the stl hunters, pros, and predators is straightness. Nevermind...

But someone get some black mambas or whatever their supposed one that could shoot through concrete blocks 7 times and try those out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm shooting the Radial X Weave Pros. I'm impressed to say the least.

I purposely shot one into a 3/4" piece of plywood with a fp to see if it'd stand up. It went 1/2 shaft before stopping.

I eased it out after popping the insert off.

Put the insert back in (the same one) spunt it with the same fp and then with the bh. It spun perfectly. No sign of any damage what so ever to the shaft.

Does anyone remember when the XX75's or the X7's used to disintegrate when you missed a 3D target in the woods?

What do you expect from any carbon if you blow a shot?

If you glanced an aluminum off a target, minimally it was bent/dented or creased rendering it useless.

Only difference is cost.

Besides, aluminum gives higher tolerances in straightness.

If ya' miss bad enough, you're gonna pay, carbon or aluminum. :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts