Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help from Cybertec owners regarding the type of drop away rests you're using. I've been an MZE user for the last three years. They work great on my Darton's, but seem to have some restrictions that make them a little less desirable for TEC riser bows. After a few days of testing and some pretty rippled vanes I discovered fletching contact caused by the rest not dropping away fast enough. Before we go down the path that it wasn't installed correctly, I assure that it was. From what I can see if you lower the arm far enough for vane clearance you could potentially hit your hand due to the TEC riser design. So what are you folks using? I've seen a thread where the drop zone had some potential problems also from the cord contacting the riser.
In regards to the type of hunting I do it is mostly spot and stalk for deer and elk in the west so arrow containment is important.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
mze

roland try crossing the cables above the cable guard and then adjust the main arm on the rest until it falls just under the riser.. after this your roller slide should be right at the end of the cable guard rod.. then the rest will fall fast enough to clear the fletching.. make sure you adjust the stop screw until the arrow is just above the bottom of the rest hole in the riser.. I had to do this with my supertec and the supertec has a shorter brace hight..

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cybetec11,
thanks for the input, however I need arrow capture for spot and stalk. One of the reasons I went to the MZE was having the arrrow fall off the rest on a decent bull elk.

Thunderhead,
very good input. I"ll give your suggestion a try and hopefully it will fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Take a look at the new Shaffer Tec-1 drop away if that does not work.
I put one on my SuperTec and it worked great there is no play in this rest at all. And there is no need for anything to hold the arrow the prongs hold the arrow in place until you draw the bow.This rest is made for the Hoyt and it looks and works great.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
URL??

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I should have known that its been a long day. You can get to there site from bowjackson.com they have any archery link you need. And its Schaffer Archery.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I just went to there site and did not see the Tec-1 on there but it looks a lot like Mat rest.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bow shop carries them so I'll chat with him tomorrow. Many thanks.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Roland,

I have the MZE on my Razortec and was on my Cybertec with no problems (traded the Cybertec). Email me if you want to talk more about this.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Had the same problems with my Ultratec. Because of the bridge of the Tec riser, you can't mount the hook in the second hole of the main arm of the the ZE, and the hook would not drop down far enough for fletch clearance. The only way I could have got it to work would have been to have the arrow centered above the Berger hole at full draw. I wasn't willing to make that comprimise. I'll be putting the ZE on eBay shortly. I just got a GFK Hunter Elite and will be trying that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter

Short mount works great. For arrow capture I use two 3/8 inch pieces of carbon arrow glued to riser and covered with felt, opening just large enough for arrow to fit in between. Bow can tilt 90 degrees plus in both directions without arrow becoming dislodged.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts