Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their a preferred way to install a d loop with out pinching nock? Got a situation with lightweight arrow lifting with loop pinching situations. Any suggestions welcome to pervent problem.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
I've had the same problem.

I now tie less than an 1/8th inch nock serving under the nock and above the bottom loop. this will put slight down pressure on the arrow that will keep it on the blade. I sometimes put a small (couple wraps) tied nock serving above the nock and below the top loop.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Tie a nock on the top and bottom of your nock and leave a gap of 1/32" or so. Then tie your loop on the outside of these two nock sets.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for checkin in!

I will be working this problem this weekend and thanks for tips. I keep you updated on situation.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I tie a nok-set under the nock of the arrow and then use the top knot of the loop to achieve the nok-set above the arrow - this works fine and never causes me to have any nock pinch issues.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Nock pinch

+1 with 3Children. Tie some serving nocks above and below nock, leave 1/32 to 1/16" gap. Tie loop above and below these serving nocks, always when nocking an arrow push nock up against top serving nock for consistancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts