Archery Talk Forum banner

D-Loop or Direct Connect

730 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ELCHEFFO
I just ordered a new Elite bow and the pro-shop recommends a direct connect for my release to the bowstring for a hunter, whereas D-loops are more better for target shooters according to him.

He says the direct connection is more durable and less that can go wrong and won't require a re-tune merely re-serving once a year.

Any opinions? Also if I were to use a D-loop, it would require a 1/2" shorter draw according to him.

Any thoughts?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I'd use a D-loop.

IMO its easier on the string than going straight off the string.

The thing I really don't agree with though is that he said its more for target shooting and not as applied to hunting.

NO. Why wouldn't you want your bow to shoot as good while hunting as when you are shooting at a target.

As far as DL is concerned, with a D loop it will change you anchor some but, I wouldn't go with a shorther DL just because of it. You can play around with anchor point and release length and such to make it fit you.

Just make sure you begin with the right dl.

Good Luck!

And Welcome to AT!

· Registered
2,361 Posts
dloop

DLoop for sure - Plus I hang my Tru-Ball T-Handle release from the loop while in the stand. I only takes a few minutes to tie on a new loop and saves all that wear and tear on your string ....

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
D-Loop

That's kind of what I thought and expected. I am going to tell him to put the D-loop on and re-check my draw length. In fact, like the D-loop being directly behind the nock with less torque on the string.

I wasn't sure, so I thought I would throw it out there. Thanks!

· Registered
8,473 Posts
D loop for sure. I do shoot about 1/4 inch shorter draw with a dloop just because i like my anchor point and dont wanna change. However it saves your string serving plus I dont see where hes coming from telling you that itll have to be retuned more?? Tieing a new dloop on is much easier than reserving a string! When a string is reserved then a new nock is put on and thats the same as putting on a new dloop. So your gonna have to do a little tuning either way

· Registered
712 Posts
I went Back

I shot a D-Loop for about a year and just went back to a regular rope release.
The 2 releases I like the best won't operate off a loop so thats the reason for
changing back. I only shoot target otherwise I would re-think this. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.