Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to try some new things. I have thought about tying my d-loop with both knots under arrow;keeping as is ( above and below) or tying on a knock and using the rope that comes with the back tension release. I am using a Zenith release.

Any thought before I try the different ways?

Thanks

· Registered
993 Posts
I am experimenting with the rope on the release, had a d-loop with arrow nocked between it and a tied in nock point. seems to be a little more critical but i have only shot it like this one day, i am going to try it for a couple of weeks.

· Registered
15,839 Posts
There are two problems with the release rope. I have discontinued using it because there was no way of keeping the peep sight aligned. The other problem was that when it released the rope seemed the change the left right pattern of my arrows. I think it was slapping the string on the way out.

I like a long 6 knot serving tie under the nock and about three knot serving tie on top. I then put the D-loop on top and bottom of these ties. This actually centers the release better behind the arrow than have the D-loop completely symmetrical.

I have tried the way that you are think of with the D-loop under and the only benefit I see for this is it puts more arrow hold down pressure on the rest which might be of some benefit in hunting or high wind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.