Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m all out of whack. Tied a new d loop, which may be a tad longer than the previous one and now finding my 30yard shots missing by a few inches low! I have a spot Hogg fast Eddie xl and had it dialed in perfectly—hitting tight groupings at 60yards. Now it’s all a mess. Could this be related to the d loop or does it sound more like a sight axis got knocked? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Retune your bow completely. Check your dl and keep that consistent, if that D-loop is too long redo it. Easy,cheap fix.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
Did you have tied in nock points inside the loop? If not, and the loop isn't in the exact same place, of course your POI is going to change. Besides eliminating nock pinch, this is the reason for using tied in nock points. You can change loops daily if you want but if those tied nock points don't move, your POI won't change.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just marked on the string where the previous d loop was and did my best. Maybe a mm off, but would that cause such a big variance at 30yds? BTW, I'm shooting a 60lb with 340's.

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
I just marked on the string where the previous d loop was and did my best. Maybe a mm off, but would that cause such a big variance at 30yds? BTW, I'm shooting a 60lb with 340's.
Yes. Think of the launch angle of your arrow like a triangle. If the angle changes by even a couple degrees, the difference down range is magnified by the distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts