Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided I want to try one of the releases designed specifically for d-loops. I have looked at the scott, tru-ball and jim fletcher and was wondering if anyone had any pros or cons to these to help me decide. I am looking at the wrist strap models for mostly hunting purposes. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have owned all three and hands down buy a Scott. Best release i ever owned been hunting for the last 8 years with the same scott mongoose its bullet proof.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Release

I have used Fletcher releases with good success and no failures. I use the Primos 44 cal. release made by Fletcher now & love it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Tru ball

short-n-sweet is in my opinion the #1 hunting release in fact many fita shooters shoot them as well due to dependability and adjustability.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
IMO - I would recommend the SABERTOOTH over the RHINO XT :confused: .... The reason why is because I had used the RHINO XT while setting my bow, I then grabbed my wife's SABERTOOTH release and noticed I was hitting to the right of my pin's :mg: , I then grabbed the RHINO and was back on target...

I was wondering why this happened and after close studying I noticed that the hook on the RHINO was not clearing the draw string and was kicking it to the left... I then thought it was a design flaw, I then contacted SCOTT Archery and their rep said that it was normal for that release :confused: , so I stole my wifes SABERTOOTH and have used it sense, all the time :) with my hunting bow :wink: ....

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i have tried all of them truball sns is awsome scott little goose, jim fletcher hunter shorty,its all about what you prefer....i like the fletcher cuz you can really lean on your trigger ,,,it wasnt such a hair trigger,and for me thats what i was looking for...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Forgot to mention that I still have my first release that I got back in 1992/93, it's a FLETCHHUNTER WRIST RELEASE and use it for back up :) ...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Scott Sabretooth NCS takes a lot to beat. Very easily adjusted and give a very clean release.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Ive had scott and fletcher. Early on scotts were all we used in ky. rated 10 out of 10. I tried a fletchmatic in early 90s and had about 3 of them shot religiously target and hunting. rate 10 out of 10. I guess its preference, both are awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts