Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAAAAANG! i just paid $4 for a little piece of 3 1/2'' string! does anyone know what kind of string is used for d-loops and if you can buy it in bulk?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
A buck a foot is standard for short lengths that most of us would use. Lancaster sells the BCY, which is very good, on 100 foot spools for $30. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it.

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Think I am a new fan of the Cat fish loop as found on oneida..
http://www.oneidaeaglebows.com/oneidapages/Page5.html

No knot to ruin your world with and they look good.
I just took an old bow string I had laying around and harvested the strands and the end serving material for the wrap.
I did go with 6 strands inside instead of 4 though as I got a nice wide jawed release and I think it safer..
Got about 200 shots on it so far and no wear yet..bow string isn't gonna break especially if ya twist it up and wax it before wrapping it..Just an idea passed along.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Its not the string im worried about, I could careless about that, i have never tried to tie my own D loop. I have feeling if i i tried it, Id end up not doing it right and having it slip and my bow blow up or something. Ill leave it the pro shop to tying my D loops. Looks kinda complicated to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll tell you what's f*ed up. I just bought a new Bowtech Extreme VFT last week at my local bowshop (one of the hometown places) I had racked up over a $700 bill by adding accessories. While the guy was putting everything together I told him to go ahead and throw a loop on there for me. He grabbed his pen, wrote down $5, then cut a 1" piece of string and tied it on. Don't get me wrong I feel $5 is a fair price, but damn I just dropped $700 in your little shop and you are gonna charge me for a little piece of string. sorry to vent, but I was pisses.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Find Zenith Archery on Google and go to their sight. They sell the best D-loop material around and it's cheap.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
The catfish loop will never go anywhere unless you cut it ! The down side to it is, if you use a peep like the Fletcher Tru-Peep. The catfish loop doesnt hold tight to position the peep but there are ways around that.

Here is one sight for making a loop

http://www.thebowman.com/tbropenock.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts