Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
%[email protected]##er's full, Clark
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 07 Guardian off the classifieds that came w/ a loop. My old Hoyt Magnetec I shot just off the string. Now, the BT is set at 28 1/2 but the loop would make it 29". I shoot at 28. I want to keep as much speed as possible, so should I drop the DL down to 27 1/2 and keep the loop or remove it and drop DL down to 28"? Any ideas.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I would keep the D Loop... I prefer using those instead of off the string. Using a D Loop also adds extra life to the string vs. shooting off the string.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Recently purchased a 07 Guardian off the classifieds that came w/ a loop. My old Hoyt Magnetec I shot just off the string. Now, the BT is set at 28 1/2 but the loop would make it 29". I shoot at 28. I want to keep as much speed as possible, so should I drop the DL down to 27 1/2 and keep the loop or remove it and drop DL down to 28"? Any ideas.

The best option would be to keep the loop at your draw length and shorten up your release 1/2" if possible. Adding the loop shouldn't add 1/2" to draw length if you have the string on our face in the same place. It will move your anchor back. Shortening up the release will bring you back where you need to be.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I switched to a Carter Quickie release and regained the distance lost after installing a loop.
Carter has a new model out- the RX1- that corrects the Quickie's shortcomings- its inability to reset after a shot.
The S1 Short n Sweet is similar. Scott also has several models.
JMHO

·
%[email protected]##er's full, Clark
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts