Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should be? I measured mine and it's 3/4 inches long. Or personal preferance?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Personal preference. I like mine really short. I just have room to attach my Sabertooth release which has small jaws. I have about an 1/8 inch clearance from my nock when my release is attached to the loop.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I agree just enough to get the release in there; then again it depends on the type of release w/ a back tension a tad bit longer or good soft pliable rope.
Personal preference. I like mine really short. I just have room to attach my Sabertooth release which has small jaws. I have about an 1/8 inch clearance from my nock when my release is attached to the loop.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
personal preference, I like mine really short. Others like them long all up to what is comfortable for you

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's guys I changed it and shortrn it a 1/4 inch much better. It felt like I was stretchingand full draw before feels little shorterand perfect. Thanks again:wink:

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
It all depends on the shape of your face and how you anchor. My thought is to have the loop as short as possible and maybe cheat a little bit on the draw length. I shoot a bunch of different bows, every day, as a tech, and when I have to shoot longer bows than my ideal DL (and at 27.5", that's most of the time!), I cinch up my wrist strap to help make up for the extra draw. If you got a bunch of d loop out there, it's just a waste of usable length. Did that make sense?

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
Personal preference I like mine small but large enough to hook up quick ...

·
Registered
519 Posts
i set mine up to give me an extra 1/2" of dl. therefore i get my bows 1/2" shorter then my dl.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I like to keep mine pretty tight to the nock with just enough extra room for my release jaws. I also tie in nock sets so when I make my loops my final length of cord with both ends already melted is 4". That makes the perfect loop for me.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
i set mine up to give me an extra 1/2" of dl. therefore i get my bows 1/2" shorter then my dl.
THAT makes absolutely NO sense. Please next time put a smiley face after ridiculous statements like this, so we know that you're joking.

If not...all you're doing is losing 6 or 7 fps, and for what? So your d loop can be longer while losing fps? Please tell me you're joking.

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,480 Posts
If not...all you're doing is losing 6 or 7 fps, and for what?
the longer loop does help reduce the amount of twist offset (it's not torque) imparted to the string if you rotate your hand a lot to anchor. quite a few target archers run a loop around 1" or even longer for this reason. speed isn't everything. an extra inch of release loop rope won't cost any amount of performance that matters outside the mind of the archer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've found longer loops can be a bit more difficult hooking up to.

On the other hand...it's relative to your anchor point and the bow's draw length. There can be slight difference in a 29" draw in one bow to another. If you need an extra 1/4" to maintain your anchor point...so be it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts