1 - 20 of 67 Posts

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #1
I learned when to get a new
D loop..

After punching myself in the face..馃槕馃ゴ

Registered
If you're not picking your teeth off the ground consider yourself lucky lol.

Reactions: brutus69

Registered
As soon as you see any fraying on your loop it should be replaced.

You should replace the release with one that doesn't tear loops up. You may be able to smooth the burrs down but your best bet would be to buy a quality release.

Reactions: Bearpawx4

Registered
Ouch, yeh glad you not picking up teeth 馃榿
I replace mine once a year whether they look bad or not. Or should i say, before they look bad. Too simple and too low cost not to.

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #5
thank you... 100% happy I'm not picking up teeth....
I had no idea, that it would wear that fast 馃槼... (November 20)
I will be keep a better eyes 馃憖 on...
is this something you guys do yourself,
am I a chump for taking in to have done. :LOL:

Registered
thank you... 100% happy I'm not picking up teeth....
I had no idea, that it would wear that fast 馃槼... (November 20)
I will be keep a better eyes 馃憖 on...
is this something you guys do yourself,
am I a chump for taking in to have done. :LOL:
You鈥檒l have to buy a set of d loop pliers and material, both are reasonably cheap.

Registered
Couldve been broke before you ever pulled it back. If you torque too hard on em when you set em, you can pop the inner material. You can feel it pop when "You" do it. They wear prematurely everytime.

Registered
I wouldn't file that, looks like it should be fine. Can you feel any burrs?
Loops shoudnlt wear out that fast though.
I would get it replaced and keep an eye on it. Maybe you had a freak failure or maybe had a small cut or sumpin

Registered
Probably just a bad piece of d-loop material... Sucks you punched yourself in the face! Most archers have inherently done that whether it's setting up a new handheld release or something failing lol Glad you aren't down a bunch of teeth haha

Registered
Run a q-tip or cotton ball very lightly around the jaws of your release....see if a burr on the jaws catches any cotton. If so get some really, really, fine emery cloth and polish the jaws a little.

Registered
Been there done that! Lol. I agree, as soon as you see it starting to frey, tie a new one on. The string is cheap and there are a ton of youtube videos that will help you learn to tie our own loop.

Registered
You'll never have that happen, if you use Cir-cut Super Loop material.

Registered
is it just me or does the D loop on a bow look really sketchy ? i know it works and has been around for years and properly done it works great but the first time i saw one i thought it look really dodgy

Registered
is it just me or does the D loop on a bow look really sketchy ? i know it works and has been around for years and properly done it works great but the first time i saw one i thought it look really dodgy
I agree. I'd never use a D-loop material that had a 2 part construction like that--braided polyester wrapped around polyester core. That design is OK for parachute cord but can't last under repeated friction.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts