Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

Registered
yes i know that..... i was speaking in reference to the content of the OP,....(of using a loop on your string). it is, after all, pretty much the status quo these days, regardless of whether the methodology it is "correct" or not. i doubt someone saying, "calipers aren't designed to be used with a loop", is going to change the polarity any at all. a statement like that might have had some weight some 25 years ago, but the calipers' use is far too ingrained to change it now-a-days. i don't care for caliper style releases,...never have... and i never used one.....that doesn't mean i don't know all about them. i was shooting for quite a few years already when they first came out.

Registered
OK I'm start to feel better I shoot daily morning and night In between 50 to 70 arrows each time period.
馃馃
So if I am reading everybody else's usage right I should be replacing my D loop about once a month...
NO, NO AND NO! Your release is the problem and should be fixed, it is cutting the loop! My loops last longer than the life of the string, why because my releases don't cut it. It may not seem like there is a sharp jaw but there is. Materials fail for a reason, cuts are caused by something that something is your release.

Registered
Thanks - FYI caliper releases in general were never designed to shoot from a D Loop - they were designed to shoot off the bow string - the only specifically designed D loop releases have the hook...
I dont believe that to be true. Ive used a scott caliper release for 15 years and it never cut a d-loop and ive never had a d-loop fail. Yes, there could be something wrong with his particular release but to say caliper releases arent good for dloops i think is wrong.

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #44
got a new d loop. had a few people tell me that this is normal out of caliper releas, with the amount I am shooting. download a counter and I'm going to try and keep count going of arrows. Got 77 in last night.

Registered
I dont believe that to be true. Ive used a scott caliper release for 15 years and it never cut a d-loop and ive never had a d-loop fail. Yes, there could be something wrong with his particular release but to say caliper releases arent good for dloops i think is wrong.
I never said they "arent good for dloops" I said they were not designed for D loops - unlike a hook style release which is clearly designed to be only shot from a D loop.

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #49
Did you fix the release? If you didn't the loop won't last very long.
No, I did the qtip thing... and then try running silk and still nothing catches...
last D loop last about a month 1/2
almost about 2800 arrows ( based on rough math)
I started a counter yesterday to see what I can get out of this one....counter currently at 177 before I get my daughter up to shoot this morning

Registered
No, I did the qtip thing... and then try running silk and still nothing catches...
last D loop last about a month 1/2
almost about 2800 arrows ( based on rough math)
I started a counter yesterday to see what I can get out of this one....counter currently at 177 before I get my daughter up to shoot this morning
Sometimes a qtip won't show a sharp edge. I have done thousands of loops. Yours is a classic failure do to the release. Again a loop should out last a string with thousands of shots.
I have loops with 3 years of shooting that still look like new.

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Can I see what your D Loop looks like.
.( you know your a dirty old man when anything sounds dirty) please try to include age or shot count

Registered
View attachment 7342091
I hope this is a better picture... they both look like little plates...

Oh ok must have been a bad pic angle. Yeah, 2 plates is what you're looking for.

Like others have said, make absolutely positive you don't have any burrs on your release calipers.

I use the BCY #24 material that 60X sells on his website and I can easily get 1,000s & 1,000s of shots off a loop before I replace it (I use the PerFex release...which has a hook). Many times I replace it just cuz I want a new color, not because the loop is starting to fray.

Registered
Can I see what your D Loop looks like.
.( you know your a dirty old man when anything sounds dirty) please try to include age or shot count
LMAO sonny I have more time repairing these types of things then you have been shooting. Take the advice or don't it doesn't effect me one bit. Your the one that came on here asking questions. Just because you don't like the information, so be it. But don't come crying when that loop breaks at full draw and your holding pieces of a bow or get seriously hurt!
Have a great day.

Registered
LMAO sonny I have more time repairing these types of things then you have been shooting. Take the advice or don't it doesn't effect me one bit. Your the one that came on here asking questions. Just because you don't like the information, so be it. But don't come crying when that loop breaks at full draw and your holding pieces of a bow or get seriously hurt!
Have a great day.
I dont think he meant all that the way you took it. The words in the ( ) was supposed to be a joke. And the rest i think he really wants to compare and see what a dloop likes like that is lasting a long time.

Registered
I dont think he meant all that the way you took it. The words in the ( ) was supposed to be a joke. And the rest i think he really wants to compare and see what a dloop likes like that is lasting a long time.
Trust me he meant it. He doesn't want to accept the fact his problem is the release as has been pointed out several times. His last post directly says he doesn't believe what I am saying. So be it.

Registered
Elite Revol XL
Discussion Starter #60
ok some one got it....
Trust me he meant it. He doesn't want to accept the fact his problem is the release as has been pointed out several times. His last post directly says he doesn't believe what I am saying. So be it.
dude it was a joke... humor??? no not a thing here. ok
ment no disrespect... i would like to compare... that is all....
as you can tell from my name
I know nothing.....

41 - 60 of 67 Posts