Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share my dad's first buck after not hunting for over 30 years. My father spent 30 years in the Marine Corp. and was highly dedicated to his career. It has been a rough transition for him to adjust to a civilian lifestyle. We all know how sitting in the woods is like therapy. He wanted to get back into hunting this year so i went and bought him a Remington 700 in a .270 caliber. I ended up getting him a package deal with a scope already on it from Wal-Mart. It's not a bow or crossbow kill but I still wanted to share. 1021171152.jpg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Congrats to your Dad, that's a great Buck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Being on a stand in the woods quietly waiting for a deer to come along is the best therapy in the world -- or at least it is for me. Glad it was that way for your dad too. And you are a good son for setting that up!

Now that you have him hooked, get him a crossbow and extend his time in the woods!!

·
Regohio
17,662 Posts
Taking care of your Dad gets 2 thumbs up from me! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Enjoy every minute…I miss hunting with my Dad so much!!!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Congrats to your dad! He's a fine looking buck and a great first buck for sure.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Congrats to Dad !! smiles never get old !

·
today's macguyver
5,622 Posts
Tell him , CONGRATS!!! Great 1st deer !!!!!

·
Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,328 Posts
Very nice story!! I know he doesn’t take a knee during the anthem! Please thank him for keeping us free!! You are a great son.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts