Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, damn EHD and not a single shooter buck on camera... not even getting doe traffic! Time do shift gears, literally... because I can't stay out of the swamp! lol

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Why do you think ehd??? How do you know this? Ive got 400 acres total. Ive got a forty acre piece thats been completely void of deer for about 5 yrs. It actually used to be our best spot. Crops on 2 sides of it, water, thick bedding. Oak flats. Damn near perfect . This 40 is located about a mile and half away from this property which is loaded. I haven't figured this out. I mean no rubs, scrapes, beds, every now and then a track or 2. Really has us all stumped. Weve totally quit hunting it

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you think ehd??? How do you know this? Ive got 400 acres total. Ive got a forty acre piece thats been completely void of deer for about 5 yrs. It actually used to be our best spot. Crops on 2 sides of it, water, thick bedding. Oak flats. Damn near perfect . This 40 is located about a mile and half away from this property which is loaded. I haven't figured this out. I mean no rubs, scrapes, beds, every now and then a track or 2. Really has us all stumped. Weve totally quit hunting it
Not that I think, known fact, contacted by county program and it is on NJ wildlife website to report.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's crazy, we went through this like 6 years ago, it was the reason I went to trail cameras. I was seeing the same 2 little bucks every time I went out, didn't see anything else and the spot was awesome during mid summer old school scouting... then I heard about EHD, never heard of it before and wasted weeks hunting hunting bucks that EHD killed around the end of August. It was so bad you could smell the death from the roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts