Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Damon Howatt Hunter that I inherited from my great uncle years ago. It's just sitting around and I will likely never use it so I will be looking to sell it to put the money towards other gear.

60#@ 28"
HH 91157
AMO 62"

How much is this bow worth?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Need a photo to see what year it is. I think with that serial number, it could be a 1979, 1989, maybe a 1999 (not sure).
Also, condition is a huge factor, probably the biggest one, IMO. Need photos for that too.
As a wild guess, $150 to $300.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
The draw weight is heavier than most guys want now so I’d say $150 to $200 depending on condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
The draw weight is heavier than most guys want now so I’d say $150 to $200 depending on condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60# Lefty went for $295 plus $29.95 shipping.

62# Righty went for $375 plus $29.75 shipping.

However, gonna have to agree that these are close to the high water marks for this bow and most will go for considerably less.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I will be posting it in the classifieds soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I've always been disappointed in the resale value of Hunters. I had an all purpleheart little used near perfect condition 1995 that still had the sku sticker on it that I decided to sell. I listed it three times before finally getting a bite. I remember getting in the mid 300s for that bow. It was 55 pounds, right hand.
Hunters are one of the best buys for the buck on the used market.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You might want to contact Rocky Mountain Specialty shop in Denver and see if they have any Hunters for sale and what price. They have a huge selection of used recurves and may be will to give you an estimate with a picture or two to look at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts