Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've been shooting for over 30 years and have never done that, busted 100s if not 1000s of nocks but never a single robinhood.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been shooting for over 30 years and have never done that, busted 100s if not 1000s of nocks but never a single robinhood.
I've been shooting for 50+ and had too many. I broke an awful lot of nocks back when I shot wood arrows. Back then wood shafts were cheap so it didn't hurt so bad.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,156 Posts
I hate when this happens
Yeah, you have to back up and shoot at distances further than 10 yds!

Ha, just messing with you, nice shooting. I've just started shooting a string walk that has me shooting tighter groups at 20yds than i'm used to....so i now have to shoot a 5 spot with that technique

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I was shooting 20 yards. That's as far as I can get in my yard.
I never liked the string walking gap method for myself.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
To me…that’s the object of the game.

I remember Byron Ferguson saying something like, if you put one arrow down the back of another, but the first arrow wasn’t in the bull’s eye…then it’s called an accident.

If I remember the story correctly…Robin Hood split the other guy’s arrow…so he might even have walked away smiling.

Also, in a recent conversation with an old bowhunting buddy, we both came to conclusion that "making it" meant having enough arrows so that the fate of any one never factored into the shot.

I like being about more arrows...and more arrows after that. Enjoy, Rick.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If I remember the story correctly…Robin Hood split the other guy’s arrow…so he might even have walked away smiling.
Enjoy, Rick.
The other guy should have shot again because at that point in the contest the two archer were tied.

I glued aluminum cones ( nock receivers from 3 Rivers) into the nock end of my GT Traditional shafts then epoxy glued on conventional Bohing Classic nock just to prevent splitting In case of a potential Robin Hood shot.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The other guy should have shot again because at that point in the contest the two archer were tied.
Yup…the story needed more shooting...don't they all.

But that reminds me…back in the ‘60s, when I first went to a small archery that the reigning state champ/local exhibition shooter had opened…there were a few Robin Hoods in his showcase. But the one that stood out was 3 arrows stacked together, which he said he did during an exhibition. Since then, my objective with Robin Hoods has been to accomplish the same. Hey…the arrow’s nock keeps getting closer, why stop at 3?

Enjoy, Rick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts