Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From past experince danner will receive no more of my money!!!
I would tend to agree with you. I have looked past their over seas made boots mainly the Pronghorn. My dad and I have had good luck with the USA made boots. But then your at the price of the good European made boots. Just thought I would pass on the info.

Tracker- what boots do you use now?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Im in the process of looking for new ones still use the pronghorns....
Thinking about kangaroo boots, but am open to new ideas i have till mid summer to find a nice pair.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im in the process of looking for new ones still use the pronghorns....
Thinking about kangaroo boots, but am open to new ideas i have till mid summer to find a nice pair.
Don't know your price range but I just got some Crispi Wild boots. Only way I can compare them to Pronghorns is pronghorns= Honda Civic, Crispi= Ferrari. Hanwag and Lowa are also good.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
check out Cabela's Meindl series boots, I have very picky feet and ankles and Meindl boots are the only boots I can wear for days on end.

·
Registered
735 Posts
So are the Pronhorns not worth getting? I found a pair of Pronghorn GTX 1200gram boots for $115 tyd and are brand new. Seemed like a good buy.

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
I have had about 5 or 6 pairs of Danners over the years, had problem with one pair and they customer service sent me a new pair before I even sent the old ones back. I just bought a pair of pronghorns on sale and they work well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I hunt in Michigan. I will be using them from early fall through the winter. I also have a couple pair of rubber (Lacrosse & Muck) that I wear as well. Temps can be from the single digits to the 70's.

·
Ad Meliora
16,817 Posts
I would tend to agree with you. I have looked past their over seas made boots mainly the Pronghorn. My dad and I have had good luck with the USA made boots. But then your at the price of the good European made boots. Just thought I would pass on the info.

Tracker- what boots do you use now?
Europe isn't overseas?

·
Ad Meliora
16,817 Posts
check out Cabela's Meindl series boots, I have very picky feet and ankles and Meindl boots are the only boots I can wear for days on end.
So what works for your feet will work for mine? Why don't my choices for my picky feet work for you? Because we all are different...you enjoy your overseas boots, I'll enjoy my made in USA Danners...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wanted to get this up the top again. I just bought some USA made combat hikers for $50 bucks. Even if you don't like danners they are having some of their best deals on military and USA made boots. I would get signed up for it if your not.

·
74,535 Posts
From past experince danner will receive no more of my money!!!
I agree they have had these sales crap before only to never have in stock what you want. Ill pass. I signed up and went through all the ordering and was told everthing accepted only two weeks later get a notice there not in stock.
DB

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have liked the US made danners. I will never do the pronghorn boots again. I know a lot of you probably work and wear boots everyday and for that type of stuff I think their boots at these prices will get the job done.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts