Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought me a pair of these new pronghorns made by danner , wanted to see if anyone else have tried them out too . Haven't had a chance to take em hunting yet but they feel great on my feet and feel real durable . I know that danner makes his boots in china , since China has the technology to weld parts of the boots together but Danner has been doing boots since 1932 and claims that he uses only triple A companies from china. Let me know what u guys think of them , thanks

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I've had a pair of the uninsulated for the past 4 years and they've been good boots....They've seen their better days, but I'm gonna wear um until they fall apart...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I've worn Danner boots for many years. The last pair I owned were the China made Pronghorns. They only lasted 2 years before leaking and falling apart. I will not buy another pair of Danners.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Danner is local to me and I've been wearing their boots for almost 20 years. So I'm a little biased. I still have every pair of American made Danners. Despite being worn for almost 2 decades, all my boots are still going strong.

However, the glued/welded together imported boots don't really hold up. But that goes for any company in my experience. That's why I stick to footwear that can be completely re-crafted should I ever need it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danner is local to me and I've been wearing their boots for almost 20 years. So I'm a little biased. I still have every pair of American made Danners. Despite being worn for almost 2 decades, all my boots are still going strong.

However, the glued/welded together imported boots don't really hold up. But that goes for any company in my experience. That's why I stick to footwear that can be completely re-crafted should I ever need it.
Ya i want some good american made hunting boots from Danner that are stitched , like you were saying, in case i gotta re craft them. Since you have a lot of experience with Danner boots, which ones would you recommend that are full american made and perfect for hunting ? i love the pronghorns but ya hate the fact that they are made in china since china items always tend to fall apart .

·
Registered
244 Posts
All of my boots are discontinued since they're so old. But my father has put plenty of miles on his Danner Grouse. Uninsulated with goretex and danner bob sole. My boots are the Danner Tacoma with 400g thinsulate. They look exactly like the Grouse and Sierra. Durability wise I've never had problems. I had the first Danners they made for military before they put the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the side for us. They did great overseas.

If really lightweight boots are what you're after I highly recommend the Merrell Sawtooth. I'm not sure if they still make them but they're great. Still not recraftable and you won't get 20 years out of them.

So I'd look at the Grouse (uninsulated) and Sierra (insulated 200g) to start. I like the danner bob sole. Works great in the steep terrain I hunt. Ice and moss covered rocks in streams are really slick. But they're good otherwise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Danner Rainforest...they call it a work boot, but it makes an outstanding hunting boot as well...

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have owned 5 pair of Danner boots and none have had any failures. I have had both American and imported. I wear mine to work every day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts