Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know... Everyone wants the heads up on 2004 bows, but I am considering the purchase of a new target bow and in the Matthews lineup i am considering the Conquest 3 and the Icon. I know we have a resident Martin expert and appreciate his behind the scenes look at the future, I wonder if we have a similar Matthews guy that can give us all a heads up with Matthews. The reason I ask is that if Matthews is going to come out with a new long compound with a braceheight longer than the current Conquest3 I'll hold off and wait. So if anyone has any idea, please post. PLEEEEAAAAASE!!!

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Just depends on how long you want to wait. If you remember back to last year, just after the ATA show, there was quite a wait for buyers. If I remember right, most of them waited nearly 3 months to receive their bows. My recommendation would be to wait. If there's nothing new that really interests YOU, you might be able to get a good deal on some 2003 bows, from either dealers or other individuals that want to go ahead and get a new 2004 model.
Just my 4 cents worth - inflation ya know:D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
lol - you won't know anything till Feb.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
2004 Mathews Bows

Mathews will have at least two new bows next year, a new target bow and a womens bow. This is per Matt himself. Cant wait to see what they are.

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
You can bet they'll add the "Widget" and hype it as the lastest in a series of all the things that make their bows best.
They're on a Hoyt bash now. Wonder if it has to to do with all the recent wins made with Hoyt bows? I shot Mathews for years and still have 2 for backup hunting bows. They make a good product. I just get tired of seeing them pat themselves on the back in every ad they make. Last years major new changes didn't seem that much to me.

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
I hear ya brother. Currently, I'm shooting some Mathews, but like you, their advertising choices, in my opinion, have not been good ones. I hate seeing one company slam another one. It's what I have dubbed as the cry-baby syndrome. If they want to get their point across, quantification is usually a more sucessful advertising scheme. People are visual and we like to see results, not rock throwing.
But anyway, back the original question - wait.

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Well there is a reason they singled out Hoyt to bash. They're a little scared. Mud slinging is not right and I think it will make more people try it. If someone said some brand I never shot wasn't as good as XYZ then I would want to see for myself.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I am not bashing or pointing fingers...And want a honest answer...I heere people calling it "mudslinging".....If its the truth is it still considered "mudslinging".....Not saying they were right or wrong but they were proving a point.....:(

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
LX, they were proving a point....BUT, Any other company could prove Mathews ads wrong too. The point is that no one else will stoop low enough for a NEGATIVE ad campaign!:) Thank God! EVERYTHING Mathews has ever done is "The Best We've Ever Tested, Bar None"! Fat headed if you ask me! Heres a quote from an ad of theirs "100% fully-machined AeroRiser (most of our competitors use cheap extruded risers)". Very Classy indeed....NOT.:confused: I am amazed they can make bows, what with both of their arms patting their own backs all the time.:D Not putting down your bows, Just the ads.:cool:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yeah I guess I could see how the ad's would get old....But to be honest I hardly look at them anymore.....Guess they done have me with all the hype I am numb.....:D

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Ads do nothing for me. You know what would make me inquire about something? Just seeing a picture of it and maybe just a word or two so you know that name of it and who makes it. Keeping it simple is always the best way. The Mathews ads are tool long winded anyway, I'm not going to waste my time, when I know all they're trying to do is tell you the other guys' bows are inferior. What they need to do is just sell their bow and not slam he others. Piss-poor in my opinion. It's a shame too, the boys on the floor at the factory make a good bow and the boys up front with all the brains make 'em look like fools with their advertising schemes. I wonder if there's any internal struggles over this stuff at the facrory

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Good point about what must be going on in the factory.:) It is kind of a shame.:( They are good bows and good ads would represent the overall Company much better in the public eye, IMO.:) Hopefully next year will be better in print ad's. Shoot Strait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts