Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Archery is addicting especially in the form of hunting. I'm 26 and have been hunting for 10. I never understood why bowhunt when it's hard enough with a gun? Now I dread gun season and bowhunt through it! Needless to say last year it began in 2007, I bought an older bowtech tomkat fully setup on ebay then a halfdozen goldtip arrows and muzzy broadhead from my local bowshop. Turnsout a halfdozen is not enough and lumenoks are worth their weight in gold! So after the frustrating beginners misses and going through my entire quiver at turkeys. Finally my first bowkill happened, not the turkey I defeathered, not the doe I shaved but a BOBCAT I thwacked in the head. Simply amazing must of jumped 6 straight feet in the air! First bowkill my trophy of a lifetime, or so I thought? Turns out next year opening day was when I bagged that one trophy of a lifetime. 11/15/08 Opening morning in MO I took my girlfriend to her grandparents land were we put two hanging stands, knowing that it would be the hunt of a lifetime regardless of the hunt. She held in there untill 9am, Her feet were cold, but mine were not so as i started down the tree I pulled the ring out my vest and proposed, she said yes but I probably should of left her safety harness on! We both got down safely went to cross the creek and I found a perfect arrowhead! Then she wanted to show off that ring so I had her drop me off back in the deer woods and ended up thumping some turkeys! Even with one tom having a 14 inch beard I knew my trophy is my wife to be,the one who puts up and participates in this obsession of mine.:set1_tango2:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats on proposing and getting into archery. Glad to see a neighbor on the site.:welcomesign:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I new How to post some pics I finally figured out how to get one for my profile I made a photobucket account but how can I post with the story THANKS

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
congratulations my friend

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I wish I new How to post some pics I finally figured out how to get one for my profile I made a photobucket account but how can I post with the story THANKS
copy and paste the img url from the photobucket website

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright I got the photobucket end but how do I apply it to my post? Thank Ye

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No She Didn't, Though i wish she would of wrote it because it would of been well written

·
RuffLight and Bsquare
16,244 Posts
Sooooooo when the honeymoon is over....what are you going to do to get away for some piece and quite? LMAO!
You might want to look at the mancard revoked thread.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sooooooo when the honeymoon is over....what are you going to do to get away for some piece and quite? LMAO!
You might want to look at the mancard revoked thread.[/QUOT

:bs:Call It what you want I call it Jealousy
:darkbeer:Seriuosly though after I FMAO I may sleep in on the morning hunt but I'll get out there by lunch and sit till dark Hunting is my peace and quite:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts