Archery Talk Forum banner

Where would you like the NFAA National to be next year?

• Yankton?

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Darrington?

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Somewhere else?

Votes: 6 12.8%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard pros and cons from the people who attended the NFAa National in Yankton.

I also heard that it will be held there again next year. My questions are:

1. Would you go to Yankton again?

2. would you rather go to Darrington next year?

3. Would you rather go elsewhere?

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I would go anywhere but would like to see it on this side of the country again. I can drive to Darrington. If I have the time and money to go, I don't care where it is. I don't like heat, but that won't stop me.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Oldpro said:
I have heard pros and cons from the people who attended the NFAa National in Yankton.

I also heard that it will be held there again next year. My questions are:

1. Would you go to Yankton again?

2. would you rather go to Darrington next year?

3. Would you rather go elsewhere?
gene, doesn't matter. It is Yankton for 06

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
You're right, it doesn't matter. I will be traveling to Yankton in '06. I'll admit to being afraid of the heat, but I will man up and deal with it :D

I would love to see it in Darrington. The coolness of the Cascades and the evergreen forests hold a special place in my heart from my childhood. I simply love the north cascades and I'd love to shoot there.

I've never been to South Dakota, so it will be a new experience.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
AKDoug...I thought you were supposed to be at Yankton this year. I looked for you on the score board and couldn't find you so I finally looked at the state listing and the only ones from Alaska were the Weatherfords.

I don't think it is normally as hot in Yankton as it was this year. The entire country was under a heat wave. After a hot first round the rest of the week was not so bad, High 80 degree weather.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yankton is a great little midwestern town

It is great to have this kind of National archery event in the middle of the continental U.S.

Unlike IBO and ASA who seem to think they have to stay back East of the Mississippi.

Also in a "family friendly" place that you can leave the keys in your truck or let the kids swim on the beach. Great accomodations and food at very reasonable "midwestern" prices. You can't beat that local South Dakota/Nebraska beef---ANYWHERE! :tongue:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yankton has it all...Good places to stay, first class treatment by the locals,
Best of all tuff courses, and great views , this is trully
a place you can plan to bring the family, swim ,fish etc.

PS: I have shot at the other places that have been discussed and they are all great places aswell , but no harm in giving Yankton another year
lots of hard work went into this first set up for us to use, and it will prob. get better

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Jim, I made it to Vegas and it was a lot of fun. I planned on Yankton this year but my brother decided to quit our business partnership in March and I'm still playing catch up. Had enough time to win our state field this year though :D I plan on Lousville and Yankton next year with my son ,who is 9 and shooting fantastic. Look foward to meeting you at one ot those events.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
I voted Yankton, even tho I wasn't there this year.

Would it be advantageous to have the NFAA Nationals at a CENTRAL LOCATION and make it permanent?

I don't know...there are mixed reviews on this issue....it was discussed many moons ago...but I don't think there were ever any "takers" for a permanent Location...no matter WHERE it was....

From what people are saying about Yankton, and the ranges, motels, food, and things to do...sounds pretty enticing?

field14

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yankton is a good place to host the Nationals.
I enjoyed everything about it after Saturday. LOL
The ranges were awesome.
Everyone better practice up on every aspect of their Field shooting.
I got a bit caught off guard by the difficulty of the ranges.
I know I we be ready next year.
I will be loading up my point weights this time.

I think the return trip was a good call by the NFAA.
I love Darrington,also.
I just want another try at these South Dakoda ranges.

Omaha, NE has an awesome riverfront and downtown spend the weekend there before flying out. Lots of great resturants.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I voted for Darrington.

If I had enough time off, and enough money, I'd shoot anywhare. The problem is simple, I never have enough time or money. Because of this, I liked having the shoot at locations I could drive to at least once in a while.

Guess there is little reason to keep up my NFAA for 06. :cry:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
We'll go back to Yankton anytime. But I could save a grand in lodging costs if the Glen would pull their head out of their butts and come play again. :rolleyes: Ken

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I BOW 2 said:
We'll go back to Yankton anytime. But I could save a grand in lodging costs if the Glen would pull their head out of their butts and come play again. :rolleyes: Ken
Ken, maybe in a few years, there may be a regime change.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.....it's roughly a 1000 mile drive from here to either location. weather I drive East or West next near I'll be there for sure. :wink:
Yankton was an absolute blast (although I did think I was going to MELT the first 2 days shooting 3-D:eek: :beer: ). A few of the new coarses were the toughest I've seen, with Badlands being the most challenging.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I'm Going to Yankton

Because all my friends loved it and that is where it is. Now if I had my way, it would be in Watkins Glen next year. Oh well, one can only hope.
Jbird

1 - 15 of 15 Posts