Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about OBT's post regarding Darrin and what he did.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=378168

Just think about that for a second.

- THE guy grabs a bow he's never shot and
- slaps on some accessories
- and makes a few adjustments
- in someone else's shop
- with whatever is available

And gets into a trash taking shoot-out with an active pro team-shooter so there is some pressure there. And its all under the evil eye of the biggest trash-talking, big-mouth in archery (OBT):eek:

HE proceeds to shoot a frigging 300 with 26 little tiny tiny Xs...

AND HE IS LEFT-HANDED AND DOES IT WITH A RIGHT-HANDED BOW (SHOOTING IT BACKWARDS)!!

D-Man you are my hero dude. :eek:

OX

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Pro's............. Real Pro's.....................................they really are that good!
I thought it was pretty freakishly sick when I read that account also!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
REAL nice shooting.

This should finally show people that it's the shooter, not the bow. :hat:

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
AKDoug said:
Hey, it's only 17 1/2 yards in the barn ;)
18 if you touch metal :wink:

But then again, not many 18 metre ranges come with the "ambiance" that the barn carries :rolleyes:

Folks need to experience that place for themselves :D

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Darrin only got 26 little x's, huh. I wouldv'e expected at least 28 under those conditions out of him. :)

·
IG @716WHITETAILS
1,782 Posts
Oxford said:
I was thinking about OBT's post regarding Darrin and what he did.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=378168

Just think about that for a second.

- THE guy grabs a bow he's never shot and
- slaps on some accessories
- and makes a few adjustments
- in someone else's shop
- with whatever is available

And gets into a trash taking shoot-out with an active pro team-shooter so there is some pressure there. And its all under the evil eye of the biggest trash-talking, big-mouth in archery (OBT):eek:

HE proceeds to shoot a frigging 300 with 26 little tiny tiny Xs...

AND HE IS LEFT-HANDED AND DOES IT WITH A RIGHT-HANDED BOW (SHOOTING IT BACKWARDS)!!

D-Man you are my hero dude. :eek:

OX

some of use are not surprised.......i knew you had it in you darrin.....

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Way to shoot Darrin

Hey OBT was it one of them new 2007:zip: bows from martin:wink: AC

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Darrin should just be pleased OBT doesn't shoot Hoyt. That TEC riser would make that impossible! :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That's the kind of thing that if you REALLY think about how hard that is, you start to feel bad about your own abilities..............:embara: :cry:

And you start to wonder, "How does that guy walk with those balls!!":eek:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
REAL nice shooting.

This should finally show people that it's the shooter, not the bow. :hat:
Are you kidding. There will now be a rash of people shooting that model bow opposite of how it was designed to be shot. Most people will never learn that it's not the bow, it's the archer. This message couldn't be beaten home with a very large sledgehammer. The skulls around here are very, very thick. :wink:

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Great shooting!

Great shooting, Darrin. And, yeah, another entry in the "It's the shooter, not the bow" logbook.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
SteveR said:
Are you kidding. There will now be a rash of people shooting that model bow opposite of how it was designed to be shot. Most people will never learn that it's not the bow, it's the archer. This message couldn't be beaten home with a very large sledgehammer. The skulls around here are very, very thick. :wink:
It's sad, but you're probably right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
DarrinM

Well I hate demonstrating my level of ignorance but I am REAL new to archery and had never heard of DarrinM, or anyone else for that matter, with the exception of Park Sung-hyun. But reading that story about him was inspiring to say the least.

My thought is since my name is Darren MacDougall, DarrenM, that perhaps, just maybe, hmmmm, London 2012 here I come, channeling the mastery of DarrinM. There must be some cosmic name connection thing I can tap into.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
Darrin is a freak alright....but a freak that shoots good. :D

That kind of performance got me a phone call at work from a thoroughly impressed someONE. :)

Please tell me kitty took pictures. :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts