Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im just getting ready to dab my toes into the world of traditional you could say and i have a bunch of friends who shoot a Dart Target System down at the local bowshop. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting these things? it would be shooting about 18 yrds. I would love to be able at least not get embarrassed if i shot with em after a lot of practice...anyone shot these? thanks

· Registered
1,448 Posts
i used to shoot the dart several years ago with my super diablo against the compound boys & kicked butt. they had trouble seeing their sights, i shoot instinctive so was no problem. had a blast with the thursday night league Dart shoot till the shop closed.

· Registered
11,287 Posts
Hey guys im just getting ready to dab my toes into the world of traditional you could say and i have a bunch of friends who shoot a Dart Target System down at the local bowshop. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting these things? it would be shooting about 18 yrds. I would love to be able at least not get embarrassed if i shot with em after a lot of practice...anyone shot these? thanks
I have and they are alot of fun.

If you aim Instinctively it can throw you off because of the size of the animals in the videos.

Just remember....all the shots are 20yrds. based on how most Video Target Systems are set up.

It can mess with your form if you're new and haven't engrained it into your motor/muscle memory.

Even though I have fun shooting them...shooting Video Target Systems aren't the best way to start out learning to shoot any bow, IMO.

Ray :shade:

· Registered
733 Posts
I shot Dart with the “Primitive" guys , walking up to 15 yards, shooting from all positions , standing keeling , standing on a box ... Fun stuff , and we actually did pretty good (only the compound guys took this seriously, and were always frustrated by other than ideal conditions) .... More Fun than competition ... ;) Shooting in the dark really makes you focus on the targets kill spot.. gets real “instinctive” ... :rolleyes: Expensive!!! ... especially for we Old Cheap B******s who can just as easily walk around in the woods ...

· Registered
11,287 Posts
Ok cool..why can they mess you up? alot of shots and not enought time to focus on form?
Exactly...depending on the archer's personality...it can cause an archer to mess up because they are trying to rush a shot.

We generally learn through repetition...so if you're rushing shots and repeating poor form...than that's how you will most likely learn to shoot.

Ray :shade:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.