Archery Talk Forum banner

Darton 3800 & Prime Shift

842 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  derdog
Hey everyone. I'm hoping some of you could help me. I am really interested in shooting either a Darton 3800 or Prime Shift but have no dealers where I live, which is on the island of Hawaii. And I don't know anyone here who has one either. Could someone tell me if the draw cycle is as smooth or smoother then an invasion cpx? How would they compare to the invasion regarding noise, vibration, balance and quality? Any other bow from these 2 manufacturers that I should be looking into? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Im a big time Darton fan but havnt shot the invasion so cant fairly give you and opinion there.As far as how a Darton feels jmo,,smoother draw than cpx,,,very smooth draw with a nice valley that most bows with speed dont have.Super smooth shot and as far as Quality they are at the top of the game.They easily exceed ibo speed as well.FYI,In the past few wks Darton was clearing out there 3800"s at drastically reduced prices to make room for there new 37,38,and 3914 series.

· Registered
2,513 Posts
I shot both the 3800 was smoother and quiet than the insanity which is also a nice bow.I had the chance to shoot the 3900 & 3800 and was really surprised they are fast quiet and the draw is smooth as silk along with the back wall very nice over looked bows by darton for shure

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im a big time Darton fan but havnt shot the invasion so cant fairly give you and opinion there.As far as how a Darton feels jmo,,smoother draw than cpx,,,very smooth draw with a nice valley that most bows with speed dont have.Super smooth shot and as far as Quality they are at the top of the game.They easily exceed ibo speed as well.FYI,In the past few wks Darton was clearing out there 3800"s at drastically reduced prices to make room for there new 37,38,and 3914 series.
Where would I be able to purchase one of the old stock?

· Registered
186 Posts
Try contacting Darton directly or your nearest dealer.My local Darton dealer is buying up a bunch of 60 lb. 3800"s he could prob ship one to you if nothing else works out.Hes selling them 50 percent of retail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.