Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying my first target bow a DARTON Cyclone LD
any one know of any problems with this bow:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
DARTON

I have a few Dartons,and 1 is a Cyclone RC which is a great shooting bow. Its smooth, fast and quiet. At 63# w/29" linejammer 350 w/90 grn it shoots 285. I dont think you can go wrong with the Cyclone.
PETE ;) :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, ditto to what non-typical said. I used to shoot a Cyclone RC, and was never unhappy with it. Hoyt is my bow now, but I would never talk down a darton.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got a Darton Maverick awhile ago, but before I did I looked everywhere online checking out opinions on Darton and all their bows. The only thing that I remember coming up is that their factory strings weren't that good. Other than a complaint here and there (but what bow never gets any complaints?) virtually everyone has a high opinion of Darton and their bows.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've owned a few Dartons and can't remember a problem that wasn't operator error. Although I am now shooting a Hoyt, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Darton. Good quality, good technology and reasonably priced.:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have three Dartons. I think they are one of the best bows on the market. Very,smooth to shoot and fast. I have never had a problem. Also if you have a question or need some advise on the bow. you can call Darton and the people are glad to help you.
I think if you purchase one and shoot it just a little you see what everyone here is talking about.:)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Darton bows

I have owned a few of them and they are great bows!!!! I now shoot a Hoyt, Martin, P.S.E.-----I would put a Darton up with any of them!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Darton

Dartons are very underated bows. Ive owned several different bows as most of us have but i always go back to the one that ive shot since 96 which is a Maverick with recurve limbs. I just recently purchased a Cyclone and would buy another Darton if my wife would let me......Just kinding! You cant get better customer satisfaction and quality for the money.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
There are many very good bows available today, but the Cyclone sits up atop the heap with the best out there. Among those top bows, it is a bargain.

The Cyclone LD has a slightly deflexed riser and (for me) a terrific grip. It will be a first rate target bow for most everyone. You'll also find it has plenty of "pop" for FITA, and 3D. Mine is my #1 hunting bow. I shoot 3D with it from mid-August on to be ready for the season.

I chose the 65% module, 60-70 lbs. If I were to buy another, I'd get a 50-60 lb. but definitley get the 65% module again. The rollover is sweet, with out the "falling into the canyon" feeling. Easy on the shoulder!

I shoot the stock string and cables after reserving the ends. I made a new stop cushion on the wall banger with Goop.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Have to agree about the Dartons, I presently have the Vegas model, CPS system, long ATA, this bow is set up for spots, 50#, very accurate and forgiving. I have had Mavericks, Cyclones and a Rampage, all really good shooting bows, they were 70 #ers and I had to sell them because of a shoulder injury, but after healing up I am in the market for another Maverick or Rampage in 60#. I believe that Darton is one of the best bows on the market today, their not really pretty, and have a little more shock than the top sellers, but their working on that. What you get is a reasonably priced, accurate, forgiving bow thats easy to tune,with a great feeling grip that is finally getting some attention. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I shoot the Cyclone 3-D and absolutely love it. Smoothest drawing and most fun bow that I have ever shot. The only complaint that I have (and I am not the only one) is that Dartons are a little loud. But it is nothing that limb savers and cat whiskers cant handle. I believe for the money, they are the best bow made, and you would be very hard pressed to have anyone that shot them say a bad word about it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
IMO my Darton isn't loud, it just isn't as quiet as some of the Mathews out there that are setting new standards for quiet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just purchased a new Cyclone 3D and love it. The bow came with a 12" superstix stabalizer already on it.

My question for you guys is, how you outfit the bow to make it as quiet as possible, other than limb savers. Would you put string leeches on the string or put that new Pearson buzz buster on. I may not be able to get it as quiet as a Matthews but I would like to try. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Don,
Ok I agree with you there. That was bad wording on my part. They are not really that loud, just not as quiet as some of the other bows.

But they make up for it with being easy to tune and fun as he** to shoot.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
K9,
I have limb savers, cat whiskers, a Sims Enhancer 3000, and Sims Modular stabilzer on my bow, and it is pretty quiet and recoil free. Absolutely dead in the hand after the shot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts