Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need new strings for this puppy at some point. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried taking the float thingy out of the yokes, and used just standard split yokes?

I searched the Darton threads and couldn't find anyone talking about this idea (which is likely quite a stupid one). However I did see some saying the 2011 model (like this one) tended to Bareshaft left of centershot - and absolutely no way to adjust.

I know it sounds whacked, and it looks like there may be cam clearance issues, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask. I’m not sure I have the guts unless some brave experimenting soul out there has tried it?

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just calculating the control cable lengths could be challenging. Have to brush up on trig.

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Engineers must have discussed this when they designed it. I would certainly like to talk with one of those Engineers.

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hah hah! I can just picture a davinci like drawing sitting on an Engineer's desk at Darton of a Yoke spreader, but the idea probably got canned.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
A friend of mine that shoots a Darton has the sting served where the yoke piece rides. He told me that the serving was enough to allow him to yoke tune. I just started shooting a Darton and will try it when I need strings.

·
Lacking Gravitas
64,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine that shoots a Darton has the sting served where the yoke piece rides. He told me that the serving was enough to allow him to yoke tune. I just started shooting a Darton and will try it when I need strings.
Well it's not something I would do unless I needed to in order to get it to center shot. It would have to be something quite extreme, to make me actually do it. For example, if shooting good bare shafts at a point that was so far left, my sight couldn't adjust that far or something. And even then, I'd try swapping right/left limbs before I tried fixed yoke, simply so I could have the luxury of yoke tuning.

To be honest, this is one of my more whacked out ideas, and was really wondering if someone had tried it. If they had, I'd want to know how long they made the cables, and long the split on the yoke was,... etc etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts