Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second Darton Mavrick bow and the second time I have had the same problem. After being at rest for a while upon the first draw I get a creek sound from the limb bolt. My last bow Darton (Frank) sent me new limb bolts they helped for a while but after some time it was back. This is the second season for this Mav. and it has developed the same sound. Any ideas?:confused2:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
bassman409 said:
They need a little lithium grease between the bolt and the washers above the limb! But you have to press the bow to get it done..

yep..that is right ..I have had the same problem with different bows ..they can all do it .I think ..

·
Registered
777 Posts
bassman409 said:
They need a little lithium grease between the bolt and the washers above the limb! But you have to press the bow to get it done..
....While you're doing that, grease the pivots where they ride in the pocket. I had a creaking noise in my Lightning and it was from the pivot drying out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You may want to try a shot or two of TriFlow at each of the rockers as well as the limb bolt and conical washer to troubleshoot. If the noise is better, take it down & grease it up. If not...Read on.

I chased an identical problem on a Maverick Express. Disassembled and greased, sounded better for a bit, but the noise would always return.

It wound up being a tiny burr on the flat face of the black bushing that rides inside the lower cam module.
Every time the bow was pressed to grease the rockers, troubleshoot etc., the bushing was repositioned slightly...No noise...but only for a short time until the bushing found its happy place again. A few passes on 600 grit paper cleaned it up.

The module itself is known to be noisy too, creaking or clicking while in the draw cycle. Pull it out, rub some string wax at the flat contact surface with the cam & reassemble.

The carbon cable guard rod can also make noise on the draw if it has any movement at the inner set screw in the riser. Pull the double set screw out, rotate the rod 180 in the riser & reinstall the set screws. If you get any carbon dust out of the riser or see wear on the rod, it's been moving.
If it has a lot of wear, flip it around and use the other end.

Good luck. The harmonics of the riser & limbs under pressure can make chasing noise a real pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts