Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals. Have u guys shot the new Dartons?? I've been shooting Mathews and Hoyts for the last 10 years and thought I'd never change....till now. Went to the pro shop to check out what all the hub bub was about on this Pro 3800 with no intention of buying one. I took one shot and said ORDER ONE FOR ME NOW!!! This bow is amazingly smooth campared to the other speed bows. Very quiet as well with awesome balance in hand. I was very impressed with this bow to say the least. Now that I have shot it for a while I'm still happy I went with Darton. My set up is set @ 28" and 70# and I'm shooting 312 fps with a 400 gr arrow. Not too bad I reckon. All things aside I know speed don't kill the critters...but this bow does not behave like a speed bow. Its as accurate as they come. I encourage u folks looking for a new rig to try one side by side with your brand and see for yourself! If you do or already have let me know what u think. My bet is you'll like the Darton! God bless Ya'll!
Whack

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
i want to try one. they look great

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
I ordered one to evaluate for the shop. If it is nice I will stock Darton. Kinda anxious to see/try it. I really have not heard anything bad about it yet.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U will like

Kahkon
I know u will like the Dartons. Nuff said by me,but lmk what u think when u get them in!

·
Registered
278 Posts
bought a black 2500 as a toy but i ended up shooting it better than my alphamax 35. it was a total surprise and very easty to keep timed due to the markings on the cam.

·
Registered
418 Posts
hmm from reading around 400 grs going 300 fps at 70 lbs really isnt that impressive is it??
"I'm shooting 312 fps with a 400 gr arrow" He'd probably be around 325-330 with a 350 grain arrow...that's pretty fast for a 28" draw.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speed

"I'm shooting 312 fps with a 400 gr arrow" He'd probably be around 325-330 with a 350 grain arrow...that's pretty fast for a 28" draw.
Ya...if I drop the weight down to 5gph this bow smokes!! I like to shoot heavier arrows though. I shot a 380 +/- gr arrow just under 320. Its faster than my last years Monster 6 and I believe the draw cycle cannot be beat for these kinds of speeds. I likey!

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Kahkon
I know u will like the Dartons. Nuff said by me,but lmk what u think when u get them in!
I cannot wait to get it, it was shipped today, hopefully it won't take to long!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Without a doubt a sweet shooting bow!!!

My good friend is an authorized Darton Dealer and let me shoot this bad boy and it is a fantastic bow. Quiet, dead, accurate, and fast.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Need to sell my 2500 so I can afford one :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
hmm from reading around 400 grs going 300 fps at 70 lbs really isnt that impressive is it??
My Monster XLR8 is only shooting 307fps at 28"/70# with a 440 gr. arrow!

The real beauty of it though, I can shoot the 30 pin from 2yds out to 35yds and always be within 2 inches of the bull!!!

Not great for 3D but kills deer fine.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Ok, I am hooked...Well, well,

Over the last six months scoured the East Coast of America in a quest to shoot every bow I could get my hands on. I was trying to decide what was the best high end bow out there. You know speed, smoothness etc. I couldn't find a Darton pro 3800. I decided to order one sight unseen to fill this void in my quest.

I have shot the high end speed bows for Darton, Hoyt, Mathews, Elite, Bowtech, Strother, Pse, and Martin (rytera).

I am here to tell you the Darton Pro 3800 is not only the best speed bow I have ever shot to date, it also does not shoot like a 6" brace height. It looks hot as hect to boot. It is accurate, easily tuned right down the middle and virtually vibe and hand shock free. Some claim that it is snatchy, it holds so solid at full draw it is a non issue. Even on let down it won't rip your arm off. It is balanced awesomely and does not feel heavy. I don't even realize the second string stop on the cable rod either. It is a non issue as well.

I would not hesitate to hunt or do 3d with this bow. I would go one step further and say the Darton pro 3800 is as smooth as most hunting bows on the market today. Find one and shoot it and I guarantee you will get that WoW feeling again. It actually meets its IBO as well.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
how does she kick. I had a darton last year and she kicked lick a mule. That bow was screaming fast though.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
how does she kick. I had a darton last year and she kicked lick a mule. That bow was screaming fast though.
Like a feather smacking the side of your head, It does not kick at all....I never shot a Darton until this 3800...It is as smooth as my sons z7 on the shot and has a smoother draw. this out of a 350 fps bow. Don't take my word for it, got shoot one and see for yourself.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dartons rolling!

Like a feather smacking the side of your head, It does not kick at all....I never shot a Darton until this 3800...It is as smooth as my sons z7 on the shot and has a smoother draw. this out of a 350 fps bow. Don't take my word for it, got shoot one and see for yourself.
Kahkon
I knew u'd absolutly go bananas for the 3800...I did. This company will catch on fire again!! The word is getting out. Last week I bought a new M6 as well because I liked last years soo much. I was shocked again to shoot them side by side with the same set-up. The M6 is accurate and just as deadly as anything else...but it does not come even close in the draw cycle and balance in hand. And as I said before it's not as fast. It's crazy how smooth these 3800's are. I'm hooked too Kahkon. I'm gonna sell my brand new Monster 6 to get a camo 3800!! Guys n gals....you have to try a 3800 and see we are not blowin smoke up u know where. And if you don't want to spend your money..leave your wallet at home when u go to test drive one!! God bless ya'll and keep the reviews a comin!
Whack

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
Kahkon
I knew u'd absolutly go bananas for the 3800...I did. This company will catch on fire again!! The word is getting out. Last week I bought a new M6 as well because I liked last years soo much. I was shocked again to shoot them side by side with the same set-up. The M6 is accurate and just as deadly as anything else...but it does not come even close in the draw cycle and balance in hand. And as I said before it's not as fast. It's crazy how smooth these 3800's are. I'm hooked too Kahkon. I'm gonna sell my brand new Monster 6 to get a camo 3800!! Guys n gals....you have to try a 3800 and see we are not blowin smoke up u know where. And if you don't want to spend your money..leave your wallet at home when u go to test drive one!! God bless ya'll and keep the reviews a comin!
Whack
Ya, I am highly contemplating getting a camo one too. I am thinking about a 70lb camo bow, I have not shot 70lbs in years, but, this bow pulls so smooth.

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Upstet!!!

I'm upset with my 3800!!...lol! I put on the Black Gold flash point sight and the pins don't get close enough together between 30-40! Sheesh..I'm shootin 400 axis apg's right at 400 grains. If I go any lighter in arrows I'll have to go 1 pin to 40 or single moveable. This bow rocks!! My buddy put Vapor Trail Strings on his and gained 8 fps!! I should be around 317 fps @ 28",70 lbs, and 400 grain Axis. As I said before...I likey. What kind of speed are u getting with your 3800? God bless ya'll and take!
Whack

1 - 20 of 56 Posts