Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a hard time paper tuning my new avalanche and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions in regard to position of nocking point and the rest. I keep getting a low tear. The best tear I can achieve is when my arrow is at an upward tilt, meaning the rest is higher than the nock or the nock is lower than the rest whatever way you look at it. Any tips for tuning darton bows in this respect as far as initial nock setup and rest level???

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Tiller adjustment? Timing, did you adjust to the marks with cams set @ position C3 or move to the marks after you set your d/l?

·
Registered
437 Posts
What Russ said

You have to set the tuning marks and cables correctly before any draw length or nock point can be set. If you don't set the power cam and control wheel in the C3 position first all the tuning in the world will do you no good.

Just my opinon.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
What Russ said, again

Many get in a hurry and setup the cables with the module and the idler in the wrong position.

Start at C3, get the cables right, move the module to the correct dl for you. Then, if you mark the lower wheel with some paint, you can check the cables without moving the module.

My guess is your problem goes away.

·
Customer Service is Key
2,731 Posts
have the same problem with 2 exciter's
called them and they went over all the setting with me & then ask me to send it in. we worked on those bows for 3 hours we had to have the nock 1" + high to get it to tune, will let you know when we get it back
Gregg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts