·
Registered
1,712 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
TN Hunter,
It ain't just you.

I can get their homepage but the rest of their site (including archerydirect.com) seems to be on the fritz. Seeing that they must be paying the bills (the homepage is still up) I'd expect it's merely a temporary technical problem.

You must not have settled on a bow yet if you're still cruising manufacturer sites. I'm quite happy with my '04 Maverick; it's fast, accurate and seems smooth and fairly quiet to me, although I've never shot a Bowtech, Hoyt, Martin, etc. so I may be just blissfully ignorant. The rubber grip panels on the Maverick did cause me some torque problems, but I made some thin walnut replacements which proved to be the cure. Loesch (among others, I'd expect) does make grips for Dartons. I may not have had any problems with the rubber panels on a model with a higher brace height, such as a Tempest or a Tundra. I have had some minor hassles with the factory strings; the 450+ material is fine but the servings have been a little mischevious. It sounds like problems with factory strings are par for the course with most manufacturers, though.

Hey, I hope you have a safe return from Asia Minor. I think Alaska's your next duty station, right? That should be a nice change of pace.

·
Registered
642 Posts
No problem here.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dartman

Let's say my list has narrowed significantly. My last outfit was a Magnum Extreme. It had quite a bit of noise and hand shock. I loved the grip, though. I shot quite a few bows while I was home, but I don't believe I have ever shot a bow as smooth as the Switchback. What I will probably end up doing is buying a used bow off of the site here. In the past month I have seen quite a few good deals on bows in my draw length. I would really like to get my hands on a Switchback or LX.
Actually, my portion of Turkey is more like Europe. I am on the Aegean. It's not too bad. We have got our recreation officer looking into some outdoor stuff. I am trying to see the feasability of an Ibex sheep hunt, but there is a lot of red tape to get permission.
I am definitely looking forward to Alaska. I lived there for 3 years back in the mid 90s. It is like home to me. There is a good chance I will stay. I hit my retirement point while I am up there. I may have to change my name to AK Hunter. :D Talk at you later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Darton Magnum Extreme with 70# limbs and I have no hand shock and it is very quiet. In fact my Hoyt was slightly louder. Best bow I shot so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts