Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a new cable setup on my hoyt bow Timed it, checked ata and bh. paper tuned it and then bare shaft tuned it.
20 yard groups stink. consulted with a couple of guys and got some foot powder and sprayed shafts. sure enuff I had a couple of problems. clipping fletch and lizard tonge rest marks were not going parralle to shaft on back of shaft. Rotated nock to eleviate the fletch problem. raised nock slightly to releave bounce and finally brought lt in to bow body till light marks on shaft are now paralel to shaft. Grouping much better now!! my arrows are 30" easton flatlines with 75 grn points 500 spline and my bow is 47 lbs pull. here is where I am confused bare shaft tune is terrible almost 3" away from fleteched shafts @ 20 yards. bare shafts a little high and left. Both groups are desent and going straight into target. I did not alter because i thought group size was what I was after and if it is this set up that worked best then I will be ok. oh .008 thickness on lizard tonge. Did not have time to see how bow shot long distances yet will update. Why the diferance on bare shafts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts